Ice Hockey | [Models by Demian!] [Skates DONE!]

Author Topic: Ice Hockey | [Models by Demian!] [Skates DONE!]  (Read 7856 times)

Blockland Hockey Mod

Players, while wearing the skates, should be able to glide, and acceleration should be pretty gradual with the top speed about the speed of jetting while on the ground going forward. Hitting jump should also bring you to a complete stop (if this is possible).

To shoot the puck, you should left-click. When you shoot, the puck should rise up into the air depending on the height of the player's view (similar to the soccer ball). In other words, if I shoot and I'm aiming high up, the puck should rise to about the height of a blockhead over about an 8-stud length. Aiming low should have it just glide on the ice. Right click would have you "pass" the puck, in whatever direction you were facing in. The puck should slide across surfaces, and come to a slow stop. When a player comes in contact with a puck, the puck should then "attach" to his stick, and follow the player around on the end of this stick (mounted, I guess?) until he passes or shoots or gets interfered with. An opposing player can steal the puck by slashing his stick at another player's by clicking the player (it should work similarly to the way basketball stealing works, the puck should come loose when taken away, not immediately put on the other player's stick) - (a player can only slash if he is not controlling a puck, slashing is used by clicking as well as shooting).

I guess as a bonus, there should be 2 types of sticks: a left handed and a right handed. Maybe you can differentiate them by having the left handed have a blue stripe on it, and the right handed have a red stripe. Then the left-handed stick should be held with the left hand on bottom, and the right-handed stick should be held with the right hand on bottom. The player should hold the hockey stick with both hands, like so:

Now we just need a scripter! Post below or PM me if you are interested!
I will give the models to whomever I think can take on this project.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 05:06:20 PM by Racerboy »

Wow this looks sweet, I'm no coder but good luck to finding one!! Thanks for this awesome addition too!

Edit: weird, Im right handed but it feels a lot more natural for me to put my left hand on the bottom and right hand on the top.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 10:05:43 PM by Altiris »

Wow this looks sweet, I'm no coder but good luck to finding one!! Thanks for this awesome addition too!

Edit: weird, Im right handed but it feels a lot more natural for me to put my left hand on the bottom and right hand on the top.
I throw stuff right-handed but play baseball and hockey left-handed, it can't be that uncommon.

Relevant: We could really use a scripter! How hard can it be?

Bump! We could use any scripter!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 02:20:36 PM by Racerboy »

It doesn't sound hard, but I don't think I'm in a good position to be a scripter right now.

Yes; I have scripted and animated weapons before, but this looks too hard.

Somebody shoulds script it, then Badspot should add it to default sports items :D

*Note, I dont script or model or anything, I only make edits, very simple ones ;_;

EDIT: ítems fixed to Items

Oh how intersting...

Can we get into fights with other players and injure them with the pucks and sticks? :P

Why does 99%  of Blocklanders want violent stuff.

Violence is gratifying. When you kill someone they die, disappear, get out of your way, and you move on to find other people to kill. When you make a goal a speaker makes a sound, a message pops on the screen, and everyone respawns. Killing someone makes more of an effect than a goal.

Hey man, I was just joking about it. Why else did I put a cookie monster after my statement :p My joke was directed towards real life violence in sports. I appreciate this mod for what it is and hope for its success.

bump, could still use a scripter!