Author Topic: VCE amount limit?  (Read 6774 times)

How do I make it in VCE if I only want a bricks amount to go to 8, then it stops adding 1 to the amount?
is this possible?

This should work..

onActivate -> client(orwhatever) -> vceIfVariable [variableName] ==[8]
onVariableTrue -> client -> modVariable [variableName] add [1]
(optional) onActivate -> client -> centerPrint [<var:cl:variableName>]

If my understanding of what he is asking for is correct, it should actually look like this:

onActivate -> client(orwhatever) -> vceIfVariable [variableName] =<[8]
onVariableTrue -> client -> modVariable [variableName] add [1]

No modify button? Anyways I messed up, take the = sign out of the first line so it looks like this:

onActivate -> client(orwhatever) -> vceIfVariable [variableName] < [8]

These events also assume that you are only going up by increments of one.

Okay, how would I make this affect other bricks?
like i have a brick named x and I want another brick to add to it up to ten?

No modify button? Anyways I messed up, take the = sign out of the first line so it looks like this:

onActivate -> client(orwhatever) -> vceIfVariable [variableName] < [8]

These events also assume that you are only going up by increments of one.
Oh god yeah I meant to put that, thanks for clearing that up.

Also regarding your latest post just do the same thing but with 10, since its a client variable it'll do the exact same thing but until 10.

If you're meaning brick variables just do:
onActivate -> namedBrick(x) -> vceIfVariable[varName] < [10]
onVariableTrue -> namedBrick(x) -> vceModVariable(brick) [varName] add [1]

Oh god yeah I meant to put that, thanks for clearing that up.

Also regarding your latest post just do the same thing but with 10, since its a client variable it'll do the exact same thing but until 10.

If you're meaning brick variables just do:
onActivate -> namedBrick(x) -> vceIfVariable[varName] < [10]
onVariableTrue -> namedBrick(x) -> vceModVariable(brick) [varName] add [1]
When i do that nothing happens.
I set the brick I want effected to show how much amount it has but it shows nothing.

I set the brick I want effected to show how much amount it has but it shows nothing.
Give us the full set of events you are using. For easier use Event Saver and get the details it saved.

I'm not quite sure what you're asking for, try putting this on the x brick:

onActivate -> client -> centerPrint(can be others) -> [<var:br:varName>]

This will show the value of x when you click on it, which will change depending on how many times you click the brick that makes varName 10.

Also do what Leet said

This could help a little bit more, I guess.
If this won't work, either you are still somehow not making it right, or there's something wrong with the events themselves. Though I can't see what Add-On could possibly break this in any circumstance.

This could help a little bit more, I guess.
If this won't work, either you are still somehow not making it right, or there's something wrong with the events themselves. Though I can't see what Add-On could possibly break this in any circumstance.
Im doing that with the "self" on both events replaced by namebrick-lumber.
Trying to make an rpg where you can cut down trees and kill monsters and stuff, and it has a stat board where when you kill one it adds to that amount by 1.

Im doing that with the "self" on both events replaced by namebrick-lumber.
Trying to make an rpg where you can cut down trees and kill monsters and stuff, and it has a stat board where when you kill one it adds to that amount by 1.
Are you using <var:nb_lumber:[value]> or <var:namebrick-lumber:[value]>? You are really confusing.

Are you using <var:nb_lumber:[value]> or <var:namebrick-lumber:[value]>? You are really confusing.
Okay, I want to click on a brick that allows me to add 1 an done only to a brick named lumber.
And when I click on lumber, using the <var:br:value> thing with centerprint, it doesnt show up.

Okay, I want to click on a brick that allows me to add 1 an done only to a brick named lumber.
And when I click on lumber, using the <var:br:value> thing with centerprint, it doesnt show up.
Can you take a picture like Leet has? It would help us point out what's wrong much easier.

Make sure you are doing namedbrick(lumber) then modVariable(brick) with the same value name, so when you click on the lumber brick with a centerprint event it says <var:br:correctName>. The value name is vase sensitive too by the way.

Even better, could you join a server, and I could take a look directly at it?