Sort of stuck in life....deciding what to pick as a career.

Author Topic: Sort of stuck in life....deciding what to pick as a career.  (Read 909 times)

Im stuck deciding what to pick as a career in life. I want to major in something with Computer Science/Engineering, programming (HTML, C++, Javascript, Python etc.). I want to be a programmer basically however ive been stumbled to decide as to what operating system to program for, I know Windows will get me the most money/job offerings but recently I have been using Linux and I have fallen in love with it. I think I would be more motivated to code for Linux since its sort of undiscovered territory IMO, and well everyone codes for Windows so its not like there arent enough of them. When I think of Windows to myself I just think of the word "stuffty" which just makes me not want to use it and program for it. I understand I could technically do both but that wouldn't necessarily work out.

Should I go with what my heart/myself desire or what will get more job offerings/money?

program for the military

you can just do easymode living

its like blocklanders dont even know the name(s) of computer related degrees.

please dont walk into a college and ask for the pamphlet on "computer school"

Programming for Linux would be programming for nobody.
You would have little business.

Also, how old are you?

sell meth
become a prostitute
sell horse meat and call it philly steak
join EA and scandle people out of there money
create a game about block people
become a hobo
well, this is awkward

Programming for Linux would be programming for nobody.
You would have little business.

Also, how old are you?
Yeah that's the problem, I'm sort of slowly moving away on that as time passes. I'm 16, might seem a bit young but my highschool has some courses similar to this.

its like blocklanders dont even know the name(s) of computer related degrees.

please dont walk into a college and ask for the pamphlet on "computer school"
Actually, from my research in colleges, Computer Science and Computer Engineering are quite common majors now.

Actually, from my research in colleges, Computer Science and Computer Engineering are quite common majors now.
he's talking about how silly "computer school" sounds.  no doubt they're common majors though, the demand for software developers and cybersecurity experts is exploding.

he's talking about how silly "computer school" sounds.  no doubt they're common majors though, the demand for software developers and cybersecurity experts is exploding.
When did someone talk about computer school or a silly name for computer science/engineering?