Clear Baseplate Spam

Author Topic: Clear Baseplate Spam  (Read 1578 times)

See, the /clearspambricks command doesn't clear baseplates with little to nothing on them, so I want someone to make a /clearbaseplatespam command that clears baseplates with less then 10 bricks on them (configurable in RTB prefs or server console). It will be very helpful for those who host freebuilds that have spam problems.

Or /clearBaseplateSpam Number instead of having a pref?

Good idea.

I had a script made but then I realised that for some reason %brick.isbaseplate() always returned as true so every brick was a baseplate
Nevermind I found an alternative method I'll make the changes later.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 01:14:32 PM by Danny Boy »

Instead of having to type out a number, having an RTB pref would be infinitely easier and much more intuitive.
I really wish people would stop making incomplete and rough addons like that.

An addon that cannot be picked up and used, is not worth having.

Give it a RTB pref.

more like have the ability to type in a number, but if left blank use the RTB pref/default of 10

Instead of having to type out a number, having an RTB pref would be infinitely easier and much more intuitive.
I really wish people would stop making incomplete and rough addons like that.

An addon that cannot be picked up and used, is not worth having.

Give it a RTB pref.
Just because it's more flexible does not make it incomplete.

I just went with the RTB pref since it was the original request.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19324878/Server_ClearBaseplateSpam.zip

/clearbaseplatespam to use. It will clear any baseplates that have less bricks on them that the minimum amount set by the RTB pref (default is 10)

I just went with the RTB pref since it was the original request.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19324878/Server_ClearBaseplateSpam.zip

/clearbaseplatespam to use. It will clear any baseplates that have less bricks on them that the minimum amount set by the RTB pref (default is 10)
Thanks. This will be helpful for those who host RPs and Freebuilds (like me)

Just because it's more flexible does not make it incomplete.

Think of it this way. If you download this with the numeric value inside the /command and a player that doesn't know how to use it tries to, they are going to guess to try /clearspam right away. It's not user friendly to have an unexpected and required extra part with no in-game cues. Ever have an event that you needed to use that you've had for a while, but when you go and use it, its got two or three empty boxes and you have no idea what to put in there? Yeah, same thing. Unintuitive.

Not to mention, owners of the mod would more than likely forget about the added and required number over time forcing them to either go back to the addon topic explaining how to use it, or to write the instructions down somewhere. This has happened to me more than once and is extremely annoying.

It would not be a "pick up and use" addon at that point and I strongly suggest either going the extra step and adding an RTB pref, or just hardcoding the limit.

Thanks for the mod. im so sick of people having nothing but a vehicle spawn on a baseplate next to the road at my family RPs.
this will also help when people build a stupid box in Rps until they get adopted..  that wasted valuable building space.

anyway, thank you.