Author Topic: Does this seem ass-backwards to anyone else?  (Read 6854 times)

In Age of Time, dynamite is the only way to damage trees and, by extension, get the wood they drop.  Ore rocks, meanwhile, can be damaged and destroyed by anything, even a single sword swing, and will always drop ore, making use of dynamite a waste.  Meanwhile in real life, dynamite has been used for mining (IE ore collection) since its invention, and would be pretty much useless in trying to get usable planks of wood from a tree.  Oh, and good luck trying to pulverize a boulder with a rusty longsword.

All I can say is, what the hell, Badspot?  Was this a conscious decision?  Were you high when you made it?  Or did you just not care?

I have made a theory where AoT is taking place in an alternative dimension where woman have taken over the world and everything works opposite on how it does in reality.

I have made a theory where AoT is taking place in an alternative dimension where woman have taken over the world and everything works opposite on how it does in reality.

I like the theory that Age of Time takes place on a huge island or lost continent with mountainous terrain and an infestation of monsters that was turned into a women's prison colony.  The sparsity of the game world combined with the rampant chaos that ensues when lots of players are on just doesn't make sense in the context of an ordinary society.

While we're at it, any crazy theories about AoT could probably go here.

What rocks are you referring to? Are you talking about the jelly rock crabs that drop ore when you kill them? This is a common misunderstanding that has been addressed many times before on the forums. Their rock-like appearance is simply a camouflage mechanism. I believe this was first referenced in 2006 when player DarkLight found a lost game transcript.

As to your first point about dynamite use on trees, you seem to be making some unreasonable assumptions. Consider that the dynamite is placed only at the bottom of the trees. Now, being low grade dynamite that has a small blast radius, one would expect that only the bottom of the tree would be blown out, leaving a portion to be harvested and collected. This is translated quite realistically into the game, as you'll notice you only get a small amount of lumber from each tree rather than a proportional amount to the tree's size.

Finally, swords cannot be used on trees because they only damage enemies (jelly rock crabs, crate monsters, other players, etc). They are not designed to be a harvesting tool, only a means through which one can fend for themselves.

I hope this clears up any confusion. Any comments or concerns can be sent to max@askanaxe.com.

What rocks are you referring to? Are you talking about the jelly rock crabs that drop ore when you kill them? This is a common misunderstanding that has been addressed many times before on the forums. Their rock-like appearance is simply a camouflage mechanism. I believe this was first referenced in 2006 when player DarkLight found a lost game transcript.

As to your first point about dynamite use on trees, you seem to be making some unreasonable assumptions. Consider that the dynamite is placed only at the bottom of the trees. Now, being low grade dynamite that has a small blast radius, one would expect that only the bottom of the tree would be blown out, leaving a portion to be harvested and collected. This is translated quite realistically into the game, as you'll notice you only get a small amount of lumber from each tree rather than a proportional amount to the tree's size.

Finally, swords cannot be used on trees because they only damage enemies (jelly rock crabs, crate monsters, other players, etc). They are not designed to be a harvesting tool, only a means through which one can fend for themselves.

I hope this clears up any confusion. Any comments or concerns can be sent to max@askanaxe.com.

Dear max@askanaxe.com,

I've heard a rumor echoing around the halls of the infamous Level 1 that this aforementioned DarkLight character may, in fact, love snake. Is this fact, or are those pesky jelly rock crabs up to their usual hijinks?

Thanks for clearing up any confusion Max,
Jay@EllCIAland.com

Dear max@askanaxe.com,

I've heard a rumor echoing around the halls of the infamous Level 1 that this aforementioned DarkLight character may, in fact, love snake. Is this fact, or are those pesky jelly rock crabs up to their usual hijinks?

Thanks for clearing up any confusion Max,
Jay@EllCIAland.com
rofl

Nah, it doesn't seem ass backwards because all I see in AoT is ass.

Well then it would be ass-backwards

.sdrawkcab ssa ti ees tnod I oN