looking for Quake-Type Weapon Ideas

Author Topic: looking for Quake-Type Weapon Ideas  (Read 8862 times)

so i'm looking for old-school, arena genre, quake-type weapon ideas.

you know, crazy awesome super-high-tech (or even actually fairly low-tech) weapons that are simultaneously visually badass and fairly practical to use. EG:

we don't need any more 'realistic' guns. i don't wanna see any stereotypical automatic shoot-and-the-guy-dies weapons here, cause i've already made enough to top off the forgetin ET landfill. this is the wrong topic for that kind of thing.

i wanna see things like nailguns, railguns, plasma launchers, guns that launch walls of fire, claws that shoot arc lightning tesla-style. hell, take the aesthetic from halo, too- they're pretty rad. just nothing barebones and functional, cause blockland can do so much better then that. can you guys help me out?

piss pistol: works like a flame thrower, only with mags and puny, but it still keeps you warm ;)

A gun that shoots grenades that shoot lightning.

quantum entanglement gun: freezes players in place for a certain amount of time

The Clusterforget:

Appears as a grey rocket launcher, but throws a net-ish web thing that slows the other player down.

Damage: 5 (fire with other guns to kill)
Jam possiblity: 10%
Reload time: 2 seconds

since i'm already doing it myself, let's steal stuff from s4 league like mofos

smash rifle, you can shoot stuff but you can also smack people with it

gauss rifle, first shot has perfect accuracy then has randomly increasing spread

homing rifle, exactly what it says on the tin. delayed homing raycasts with really low damage

cannonade, basically a weaker sort of a sniper rifle with an exploding projectile. focuses on knockback/demobilization over damage. has charging shots

Warframe weps would be cool too

cannonade looks awesome

so i'm watching an s4 league exhibition

this game looks REALLY obnoxious. like gunz but with even worse voice acting and even worse engrish

why is this guy moving in 'slow motion'

why do people catch green binary fire when they die

that's not even cool, why would you do that

admittedly the acrobatics are pretty cool and the aesthetic would be nice if everyone didn't look like a stereotypical anime and the voice acting were tolerable but what the hell what do you see in this game
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 12:38:59 PM by Bushido »

Ive always wanted to see a gun that shot a bolt of lightning.

A quick raycasting zap of electricity that creates an arch from the gun to the target. Kind of like a lighting strike, quick but powerful. The gun itself would have to be charged for a few seconds before it could fire though because it would be really powerful...

this game looks REALLY obnoxious. like gunz but with even worse voice acting and even worse engrish
admittedly the acrobatics are pretty cool and the aesthetic would be nice if everyone didn't look like a stereotypical anime and the voice acting were tolerable but what the hell what do you see in this game
that's why i'm remaking it :cookieMonster:

Because Japan.

If you do a shotgun, make sure it looks old.  Because old shotguns are cool. (As long as it's break action)

Make that old ass musket from MGS4 and PW that has like a 1/10 chance to summon a MASSIVE tornado but is slow to reload, does minimal damage and is generally a bad choice

speaking of metal gear, a HF blade would be really rad.

in terms of old weapons that kicked ass, what about some of the guns from turok that aren't the cerebral bore?

consider a gun that you charge with loving SUNLIGHT?
How about GOD HAND style fists weapon with ass kicking 6 step combos and enabling the use of "duck dodging" (which is sort of already a thing, but it needs to be a lot faster)
What if we had some guns from Tribes? blockland's game engine comes from Tribes 2 anyway (which is why we have the original skiing, how about that stuff) just port the damage and projectile speed as well as any other values

forget man, there's so many ideas

You're one of the best unique weapon makers we have right now, we seriously need more of em

Every gun from Serious Sam: the Second Encounter

Every gun from Serious Sam: the Second Encounter
This man knows what he's talking about.

yes omg
bushi making a comeback

work off of this design:

it's some custom saiga 12 i saw on imfdb (from some movie called "showtime" but who cares lol)

also, why not some weapons from turok games like megaguy said?
hellfire cannon, scorpion launcher, sunfire pod (to sort of be like a flashbang), the shredder, the normal double-barrel pump action shotgun, that tazer gun that you could charge to different intensities, and the plasma rifle to name a few from Turok 2.
that game had rape-ass weapons lol
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 07:28:45 PM by AromaniaFTW »