Unofficial V21 Trailer (in the making, added poll)

Poll

Re-do the trailer with different music?

Yes, show more gameplay. (and scrap the effects)
6 (37.5%)
Yes, show more game mechanics. (and scrap the effects)
3 (18.8%)
Yes, show an equal amount of both. (and scrap the effects)
7 (43.8%)
No. (trust me I wouldnt pick this one either)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: Unofficial V21 Trailer (in the making, added poll)  (Read 1144 times)

Try to use only default mods, I think I saw a brick inventory mod
He's showing off the full modding support.

He's showing off the full modding support.
He needs to be more clear that that is a mod and not default.

Like have a few seconds of rapid switching between ui's modded differently.

But honestly I think the focus should be mainly on what you can build and do within the game, not how to enhance building efficiency or quality. Show its potential, not what exactly it can do.

I would make a video but I do not have access to a good enough computer to do so.

Lower the effects a bit

I have no problems with the static effects. Its nice.

Jesus overkill much?  I realize everyone else has already said this 1000393029 times, but you need to tone that effect down.  It was alright in the intro but when you're actually trying to look at things in the video it's just distracting. 

It was pretty dark at the end, and you did go a little overboard with the effects. But not like some people are saying, I like the effects and how they are in beat with the song, just a little bit less would be a good idea

I like it, it looks great so far

It was pretty dark at the end, and you did go a little overboard with the effects. But not like some people are saying, I like the effects and how they are in beat with the song, just a little bit less would be a good idea

I like it, it looks great so far
The effect would be nice if it wasn't so distracting. 

Turn it way down and have it be a subtle shift, not a massive distracting one.

i feel you should scrap the effect altogether. fuzz and screen shift is usually associated with horror games, like slender. i would stick with simple cuts, fades, and camera angles/swoops to provide the appropriate effect.

I highly advise going through eksi's video at least 5 times and identifying what made his so awesome. that's how i came up with the list earlier, explaining what you coul dhave improved on.

A few weeks ago i was planning out a video even though I didn't have access to anything that would let me film it. I got a song which I think it would do very well for an ad:

Birthright - Instrumental (Celldweller). There's melody changes at appropriate intervals, each lasting about 10-20 seconds, allowing you to sectionalize the ad like Eksi did (starting with introduction to building and the basic things you can do in the game, followed by showing off builds, then minigames). Its also marginally upbeat (not too heavy rock) and has some nice leadups which would dramatize parts of the ad.

I advise editing the music though, to get the sections you want. The part right after the intro is pretty heavy, but the part right after that is basically perfect for cutting scenes of buildings/minigame action together. (1:06-1:40)

edit: if you can get a copy of Lights (Klayplex) without lyrics it would work well too.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 10:08:39 PM by Conan »

The song is actually good, I just dont like the popping sound effects the slender effect on the video really.