Author Topic: Shader only goes low  (Read 1193 times)

I'm a simple minded guy, and I know people have been talking about shaders FOREVER but my problem is starting to seriously get to me. I play tf2 in a higher resolution than blockland and a it only lags alot when there are special effects all around me. (Medics) I have two questions: why does blockland only allow me to run my shaders on low with higher choices faded out and un-selectable and why does blockland lag when I put my shaders on low when there isn't anything on the map? I don't even get shadows. I get shinier  objects and floors. Thats it. Why does tf2 lag less? Blockland just has blocks and it lags more! that really pisses me off. That's like having an amoeba knock out mike tyson. My graphics card is an ATI Radeon. Got this laptop in 2008. Can someone that doesn't speak code help me out? Please?

Please don't say anything about macs. I don't have one. If my graphics card can't handle it, please just say that. A simple diction always benefits everyone. There's nothing it can't explain. Talk to me like i'm 1 if you like. I don't even care.

Your graphics card can't handle it.
And since it's a laptop, you have to upgrade the whole computer.

Your graphics card can't handle it.
And since it's a laptop, you have to upgrade the whole computer.
Actually no.
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=185496.0

Thanks! I guess I'll leave it alone. That still doesn't explain why tf2 runs faster despite the huge quality difference and the screen resolution. That really irks me. Also, why are higher shading options un-selectable in the options menu? Was that programmed (ugh) into the update for "slow" computers like mine?

It should only show the options that your computer can handle.

thank you dude.....dudete....

Thanks! I guess I'll leave it alone. That still doesn't explain why tf2 runs faster despite the huge quality difference and the screen resolution. That really irks me. Also, why are higher shading options un-selectable in the options menu? Was that programmed (ugh) into the update for "slow" computers like mine?
TF2 has a massive development team behind it that has spent months, maybe years, making the rendering engine as efficient as possible. Badspot and his friends don't have the time to spend doing that level of optimization.

Oh. Interseting. Thanks.

Usually this depends on your GPU and CPU.
Considering you have a laptop like someone said, you'll have to upgrade your whole system.
That's why I use desktops :)