Author Topic: Mic left on after NJ senate meeting reveals they actually DO want your guns.  (Read 14624 times)

I'm not saying remove the guns. I'm implying that militias are silly and ineffective, and that people shouldn't treat the government as the enemy. Besides, you're ignoring all of the rights that the people have received lately: gay marriage, drug legalizations, improvements towards racial rights, etc. 

But liberals aren't out to ban militias, they're out to ban gun ownership. Not everybody, of course, i realize this, but in general, it's not about militias, it's about common ownership. And that is a right that should not be infringed. It's one of the most important rights we have, as it was a right the country was founded upon.

But liberals aren't out to ban militias, they're out to ban gun ownership. Not everybody, of course, i realize this, but in general, it's not about militias, it's about common ownership. And that is a right that should not be infringed. It's one of the most important rights we have, as it was a right the country was founded upon.
Where's that picture comparing civilian arms versus government arms in early 1800s America and now?

Where's that picture comparing civilian arms versus government arms in early 1800s America and now?

Does it matter? We have assault rifles in many homes and less than 1% of all guns in civilian circulation have even killed somebody.

Does it matter? We have assault rifles in many homes and less than 1% of all guns in civilian circulation have even killed somebody.
Yes it does, just because an old paper says you should have guns, doesn't mean you have the right. The 2nd amendment is outdated, heck the whole thing is.

Also, 1% is too many.

keep your pistols and your rifles, sure, but for the love of everything take away the assault weapons.

Yes it does, just because an old paper says you should have guns, doesn't mean you have the right. The 2nd amendment is outdated, heck the whole thing is.

Are you serious? Do you also think the first amendment is outdated as well?

Hell. Lets just remove just about everything thats set up most of American citizens since childbirth.

Also, 1% is too many.

It's less than 1%. More like .001.% I think.

But this isn't the Soviet Union is it? Quit citing fallen foreign regimes as arguments.
You dipstuff, he's saying that if things continue the way they are then we are going to be a fallen regime.

Yep, it needs to be rewritten for modern times. The core principals should be the same, but the wording is often outdated and convoluted.  

You dipstuff, he's saying that if things continue the way they are then we are going to be a fallen regime.
I won't take your argument seriously until you start your sentences without insulting me. 

The first amendment is on an old piece of hemp paper and the constitution is a living document, therefore it is in effect. The magnacarta and John Locke's ideas on human rights were written before the constitution and they are still relevant. Just because it's doesn't mean we should get rid of it. Same reason history is taught, just because something happened years ago doesn't mean it can happen again.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.
Seems straight forward. I will translate to modern English.  You have the right to form a militia and that the right to bear arms shall not be infringed for it is necessary for the security of a free state.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 09:43:54 PM by Harm94 »

I won't take your argument seriously until you start your sentences without insulting me. 
Ok, I'll rearrange it.
He's saying that if things continue the way they are then we are going to be a fallen regime, you dipstuff.

Leaving anything alone for too long without much consideration is just a bad idea.
Carry on Sir!

Ok, I'll rearrange it.
He's saying that if things continue the way they are then we are going to be a fallen regime, you dipstuff.
Ok, now you're just being a richard about it.

Anyway, I'm going to bed, I did enjoy the debate though. Dracpot is a coolbro and all that jazz.
It's nice to have an open discussion without insults or ignorant richardwads.

Leaving anything alone for too long without much consideration is just a bad idea.
Carry on Sir!
Thank you, and goodnight.