Author Topic: RIFT Free to play  (Read 10702 times)

But with better graphics!

...and the graphics are amazing...!

Why is everything in this game so dull though?  The races are all the same-ish, with the exception of the dwarves being ugly as all get out...

http://community.riftgame.com/en/2013/05/20/introducing-loyalty/

If you choose to spend real money in RIFT you’ll gain Loyalty. As you accrue Loyalty, your Loyalty meter will fill and unlock new rewards, like Special Costumes only available through Loyalty, the ability to change your target icon to Elite or Raid status, and unique dimensions.

while REX is initially purchased with real money, it can be traded or auctioned by players for in-game currency before it is consumed and converted to Credits. This means you can gain Loyalty without ever spending real money at the RIFT Store.

For all of our current and former subscribers – even though you may have already received Veteran Rewards, because you’re awesome, we’re going to give you a head start by awarding bonus Loyalty based on how long you’ve previously subscribed to RIFT.

Why is everything in this game so dull though?  The races are all the same-ish, with the exception of the dwarves being ugly as all get out...
What else were you expecting? The frogs from everquest?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 03:14:10 PM by tails »

i want an mmo with loveual content (hot girls for the sake of hot girls; not love...)
but those games always suck to play lol.

why cant the better games have lovey characters :D its always one or the other
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 03:18:54 PM by Bisjac »

What else were you expecting? The frogs from everquest?
yea. at least it was something different and interesting.

Thing is really the Rift world isn't that big, All but one of the races come from the exact same place, The only difference is that the gods abandoned the defiant and they didn't abandon the Guardians.

Elves get a racial that lets them leap around though, The bastards. All kelari can do is turn into a wolf.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 03:36:15 PM by tails »

We just decided today: RIFT will be FREE to anyone who owns it for 5 FULL DAYS! May 30 - June 3

do you get the same pre-june 12th perks as it says on the website if you purchase it through steam?

wait, the world in game isn't big?
wha

I mean it is but not really race wise. Everybody came from the same place.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 09:49:25 AM by tails »

I checked out the cash shop on PTS, It's pretty good, Oddly it lets you sell items from wherever you are which is odd, And a few of the prices are a bit weird, Prices for me were £5 for 1,250 credits, Then £20,£50,£100, You can also buy event items and items with in game money too. I didn't check if reputation items you buy with credits are usable or if you need to grind rep still.

Really I would like to see a few prices increase, You're talking ~$5 for a 1000 plat item, Which I don't really think is fair.

It also has gw2 style crates, A key for a crate costs 50 credits, and you can get multiple types of boxes, Equipment boxes and dimension boxes, I tried them out (Yes I spent £5, You get it doubled when it comes out!) The equipment boxes gave me a level 34 rune and a few pvp equipment tokens (i think 19, Note this was the lowest level crate i opened), The dimension items are split into house objects garden objects and something else i forgot, Those mainly gave me good stuff. You can see a few items I got from it in the screenshot.

You also get loyalty from spending money and it has tiers where you get a ton of items (Mounts, Dimension items, etc) and mini tiers where I got a 2 hour 40% exp boost.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 12:48:52 PM by tails »

i want an mmo with loveual content (hot girls for the sake of hot girls; not love...)
but those games always suck to play lol.

why cant the better games have lovey characters :D its always one or the other

So you want AoT with better graphics?

Rift goes F2P Today.

I'm playing on Europe/Icewatch, But the game freely lets you move characters between servers and lets you chose europe/america regions.

ALL RIFT SHARDS - that means Europe & North America - will be brought offline at 8:00AM Pacific/3:00PM GMT. We estimate it could take up to ***4 HOURS*** to apply the update.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 06:09:04 AM by tails »

Dunno why I came to this thread when the game finally went down... but I did.

I hope the game won't suck, F2P.