Author Topic: Invisible in 3rd person, visible in first person - how do  (Read 2016 times)

Okay guys, so, you probably all played gamemode_rampage at least once.
Notice how in first person, you see your hands, while in third person there are no seperate models to be seen?
It seems Badspot did some magic trick for his rhand.dts and lhand.dts that hid them while in third person, but in first person they showed up.
I have a theory that this might have to do something with seperate meshes, groups, w/e.
Well, can you guys make me an lshoe.dts and rshoe.dts that act the same as lhand.dts and rhand.dts from Gamemode_Rampage? Maybe even a .blend or .ms3d of it to show other people how you did it?

Come on, does anybody even visit this forum?

I remember seeing some fields for different 1st person and 3rd person weapon models while messing around in some weapon scriptishes.  I know the cloak and dagger does something like this.  Maybe you could look around there.

I'm the one who made the Rampage mode, to get the effect I used LOD levels.

LOD levels can range anywhere from 0 to ??? (255?). The hands have an empty model at LOD 0 and the actual hands are at LOD 1.

The way the objects are named in maya like so
Code: [Select]
base01
--start01
----rHand0 // empty model
----rHand1 // the model that will be seen in first person

// detail nodes needed in maya, unsure of other programs
--detail0
--detail1
*Note: It may seem backwards but that is the exact way it's set up in my maya files.

You can download the files but they're in the maya format, downlod.

Though looking into the cloak and dagger, you can also do it by adjusting the offset to something really far away.

Code: [Select]
  offset = "0 0 -1000";
   eyeOffset = "0.8 0.65 -0.4";
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 10:50:03 PM by Rotondo »

Thanks, Rotondo! You're the best.
Gonna figure out how do I do empty model in Milkshape. :V

EDIT: Made a face and scaled it into 0, 0, 0. I hope this doesn't do any weird stuff to blockland :S

DoubleEdit: forget, can anybody tell me how to do what Rotondo suggested in Milkshape? I asked demian to try and do it in Blender but he didn't quite succeed .-.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 11:45:00 AM by Crystalwarrior »