Author Topic: Blockland: Source  (Read 57990 times)

Tis, when I pointed out to ProBuilder what the agreement said he threw a hissy fit, I'd show you but i'm on my psp.

Why do these guys remind me of the kool kids klub of Blockland?  :cookieMonster:

"Eh, I found about 8 already. Check your decals folder."

"I checked. They were all original artwork, or protected under parody, with the exception of one, the NASA logo.
Also, the ARMY logo isn't the actual army logo, the real army logo says U.S.ARMY on it.

Also, read http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/pao/insignia...l.html#insignia

You will notice that he can legally use the insignia under the commercial policy. It specifically states
"NASA does permit use of the Insignia and other emblems on souvenir items when they are used alone."

This is clearly not a souvenir item. Also, both the ARMY and NASA logos were created from scratch, as the official logos do not have any of the fancy shading or gradients.

Would you like to try again?"

"Ban Request: Rkynick for massive flaming against BL:S, Captain Ahab for siding with him..."

"Wow, you want to ban someone because you disagree with them, especially when they present their opinion in a professional manner? Can you think of any other reason I should be banned? As far as I can tell, I am merely refuting your claims, certainly such a proponent of free speech as your self can see nothing wrong with that? I haven't insulted you, or BL:S, in fact, I'd encourage you to exercise your programming ability, its a great skill which can help you in future careers. But really, what benefit does banning me have?"

vouched for you not being banned and me being, so we can atleast see what stupid stuff happens next.(IE come december and we want to see if there is a beta or if no progress has been made)

Clearly he has no idea that he can't make the source engine do the Cube map stuff.  Not unless he is something of a genius.

"With all due respect, I've let you guys post all the negative comments you like about Retail. I haven't once complained, although I disagree with them. I haven't walked into your section and flamed you, or even defended the game. Its your section, you can post what you like there. I'm not going to flame you, its your opinion.

All I ask for just a shred of respect from you, and I would hope you would have the decency to oblige me, while I defend my game, the game I enjoy and have played for these years. You can bash Retail all you want, but if you are going to post factually incorrect information about it, I would at least ask for you to give me an opportunity to defend it."

Oh, and an admin is viewing the topic now.

Bye account. :(

Wedge, you're a genius. Keep at it. Stand strong. Remake accounts if necessary, you represent Blockland Retail, you are our speaker.

"no one is getting banned. i will make a few calls and get some information straight! for now, "Blockland" and "Lego" are NOT to be used at all until I give the okay. And until then, the game will continue being built, but advertisements / promotions are to be HALTED! Except for building the game, ION STUDIOS INTERNATIONAL has halted everything!"

Woo! No ban for me!

In any case, its a bunch of people with almost 0 technical experience and artistic ability trying to create their dream mod. It probably happens every day, someone starts a freewebs website, drafts their friends as co-founders and CEOs of a fictional company, and then posts a huge hyped post about something they don't have the experience to make.

I'll give them time to prove me wrong, but I think I'm wasting my time. I'll wager a photocopy of my middle-school diploma they won't finish it in 5 years. Anyone else have a bet?
I bet a Solid Liquid, that they will stop in about 1 month.

Ok, I'll be nice. After this one last post. :cookieMonster:

« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 05:52:55 PM by Wedge »

lol ^^^^^

Here are some reasons you should all STFU and leave Blockland alone.

1.Without it, RTB,TBM, and the others, wouldnt be here
2.You don't like it, Who the FU^K cares
3.There's only 1 Blockland

So now you can all STFU and play your Damn MODS, ok, the only one that has even the slightest chance of lasting, is RTB, because they relised they need to move on, and onto Retail.

These are professional developers.

I know some of you guys know a little physics, so anyone got any ideas for teh dynamic water system(s)? I'm trying to make this game with the halp of the community, so I'll listen to anything you have to say. Even ppls I don't like. i'm kinda stuck on this topic, so any and all ideas will probably help.

First answer:

Well one jumps into the water, it should cause waves in the water container, and the waves collide against a wall. If you have a brick in free physics mode, they can float in the water like HL2/ Garry's mod. You could make a brick propell mode and attach it to a ship driving system to drive a boat and ship. I think that is all lol.

Then the developer had this amazing idea!
Or we could just use blender's fluid sim and speed it up... alot...

(remember, i've got an idea that could take all lag away from the game-equivelent to a hard drive of a few terabytes, all for blockland :D)

Yes, your vast knowledge of parallel computing will solve your lag problems just as well as a giant hard drive would: not at all.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 06:08:44 PM by Linde »

"These idiots dont even think I have a legal license. They have obviously not seen my account on developer.valve.com

http://blockland.us/smf/index.php!... Off topic forums has a topic on us. Wedge is the only intelligent person who post there. I think we grabbed his attention. His posts made me lol."

13 year olds don't get legal licenses, and developer.valve.com isn't a valid domain.