Author Topic: Add-on Tester- Stand-alone software that tests add-ons  (Read 502 times)

One time or another, we all want to make add-ons. And sometimes we all hate having to start/restart a server or blockland itself just to test a simple add-on.
What I was thinking of was a separate software from blockland that would let you upload scripts and basically is a console that tells you if there is any errors in the script/music file.
Any support?

Use blockland
You don't have to restart anything
Just execute the thing
If the add-on is properly scripted executing it again doesn't break everything

Just because a script executes successfully does not mean it is going to work correctly. You should always test to make sure everything works they way it was intended instead of just assuming that if there are no syntax errors it will work fine.

Just because a script executes successfully does not mean it is going to work correctly. You should always test to make sure everything works they way it was intended instead of just assuming that if there are no syntax errors it will work fine.
Okay.
How about something that just tests if music files are:
-Ogg Vorbis
-Mono
-Not above the size limit

Okay.
-Ogg Vorbis
-Mono
1 are 3 are easily done by simply looking at the file in your OS.
2 may be, if not, you can see it quite plainly in the sound editor you used

By the time you've written all the code to test every single possible aspect of every single possible add-on, you've pretty much rewritten the whole game
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 08:59:40 PM by Headcrab Zombie »

This is easy
Just take a copy of TGE and make some GUI changes and small scripts.

Okay.
-Ogg Vorbis
-Mono

Or you could go into your music folder and check

y'know

This is easy
Just take a copy of TGE and make some GUI changes and small scripts.
I like this idea, but I'm not really up for that.

I could probably make a program that can check for certain common syntax errors in Java. But it wouldn't match up to Brian's idea.

TorqueDev has TS syntax stuff in it.

if(compile("Path/file.cs"))
echo("Yep");

It will give you the errors if it isn't working