Call of Duty: Ghosts Megathread

Author Topic: Call of Duty: Ghosts Megathread  (Read 12166 times)

The point was that it looks complicated, when really it's CS:GO's version of de_inferno, much like that Doom map.

uh yeah, pretty terrible example when you highlight all of the unnecessary fluff in that map. take away all of the pillars and such in E1M6 and you'll still get a more complicated outline than most games today.

but de_inferno is also perfect example of what modern games AREN'T doing in terms of level design.

if we look at the corridors only, it looks almost similar to E1M6, if a bit simplified.

On topic:
ITT COD fanboys complaining that their game is unoriginal and boring and people point it out.
maybe because it's the megathread. people come here to discuss the game and what they're looking forward to.
i mean if i were to go into the tf2 thread and just talk about how unoriginal the game is, etc then of course the fans are going to get mad.

uh yeah, pretty terrible example when you highlight all of the unnecessary fluff in that map.
that was the point, once again. 

bf3 map scale is superior

I love walking for five minutes then dying by something I can't see or have any chance to kill.

that was the point, once again. 

but it's a stupid point, not to mention I counterpointed that de_inferno and E1M6 in terms of layout are still more complicated than most modern shooter maps.

but it's a stupid point, not to mention I counterpointed that de_inferno and E1M6 in terms of layout are still more complicated than most modern shooter maps.
My argument isn't that modern shooter maps are more interestingly designed, it was that that image is dumb because the doom map relies on the items and and sleight height changes to make it look more complex.

>stealth
>call of duty
<snip>
hold your gifs for a second

maybe the "upgraded" engine has more gameplay-like sneaking then prior games?
I love walking for five minutes then dying by something I can't see or have any chance to kill.
that's pretty much what BF3 is on most maps; i don't understand why you are complaining about this

They're bigger, yes, but BF3 maps are easily the worst of the franchise so far.

so has anybody pre-ordered for the camo?

that's pretty much what BF3 is on most maps; i don't understand why you are complaining about this
Because it's not fun to die every time you finally get to the fight to something you cannot fight yourself.

so has anybody pre-ordered for the camo?
p sure people preordered, activated camo, and cancelled preorder

New pre-order bonus: You get a map named "Freefall".