Increase Bullet Speed?

Author Topic: Increase Bullet Speed?  (Read 2172 times)

Badspot can you please increase the speed of bullets/raycasting projectiles or whatever they are called? If you haven't noticed yet, trying to shoot a target on the left or right side of you with a gun while in a moving vehicle (jeep) is almost impossible or very difficult because the bullets just go to a random area or completely behind you. This would mean that the vehicle is actually traveling at a faster speed than the bullets are (which should not be possible). The other thing is that raycasting projecticles cant even keep up with you if you are jumping around and moving your cursor a bit left and or right (ill release a video some time).

I'm pretty sure people can edit the speed of it, correct me if I'm wrong.

I think this can be easily done

But I'm also sure you have to manually change every gun's value of the speed that the bullets go
If you know how to edit Blockland's code or create add-ons it shouldn't be a big challenge

Its up to the creators of the addons to change the bullet speed, if I remember correctly. It requires some basic scripting knowledge, but it isnt that hard.

There's a max speed for projectiles, 200 TU/S iirc, and raycasts travel instantly. You can't go faster than a raycasting bullet, it literally is instant.

Stop complaining about projectile speed.
It's a sandbox game, not a RPG.

Plus,
Its up to the creators of the addons to change the bullet speed, if I remember correctly. It requires some basic scripting knowledge, but it isnt that hard.

Stop complaining about projectile speed.
It's a sandbox game, not a RPG.
I dont think many RPG's care about projectile speed

FPS?

The problem with them appearing behind you is not the projectile speed, it's simple the time it takes for the packet containing the info about the new projectile to go all the way from the server to your computer, after it has already taken time for the packet containing info that you clicked to reach the server.

Same for the raycasting weapons, by the time the packet with the information that you clicked has reached the server the person might already be at a different position.

The problem with them appearing behind you is not the projectile speed, it's simple the time it takes for the packet containing the info about the new projectile to go all the way from the server to your computer, after it has already taken time for the packet containing info that you clicked to reach the server.

Same for the raycasting weapons, by the time the packet with the information that you clicked has reached the server the person might already be at a different position.
God dangit.

most of what you're saying are network issues.

I'm not entirely sure so don't take me as an expert but most of these limitations are due to Torque's max packet size and speed, which I don't think can be modified

I don't see how latency is an issue. It takes about 2*(latency)ms for a target to be hit by a bullet. For most people, latency is well under 100. We're generally talking about a death happening within 0.2 seconds of the bullet being fired, and this is assuming the bullet has no travel time. Bullet travel times are too slow but instant travel would not be helpful.

I don't see how latency is an issue. It takes about 2*(latency)ms for a target to be hit by a bullet. For most people, latency is well under 100. We're generally talking about a death happening within 0.2 seconds of the bullet being fired, and this is assuming the bullet has no travel time. Bullet travel times are too slow but instant travel would not be helpful.
For me latency is always around 150-200 D:

For me latency is always around 150-200 D:
Do you live in Australia?