Author Topic: Welcome to Heavenly Host - Corpse Party-inspired multiplayer horror gamemode  (Read 4569 times)

So, a few of you might of heard about Corpse Party series. (if not, click here)
Well, I'm working on a gamemode based on the premise of Corpse Party: You and other players are trapped in this school, seperated from each other, and the main objective is to reunite with each other. But it's not as easy as you think.
Each group of players occupy a different "Closed Space" - Basically, a duplication of the main building with different puzzles, obstacles and even layouts in some places.
Closed spaces have direct on indirect influence over one another. For instance, the players can write a note in one closed space, and it may appear in the other ones as well.
The players can't global chat, but only chat locally. There will be perma-death, which means if you die, you stay dead and there's no way to bring you back.
When you die, you appear as an invisible ghost, and after five or so minutes after your death, you can attempt to communicate with the players indirectly. (Attempting to talk will change your text from "Hey guys I'm dead. :c" to "...i'm... dead..." and appear as a centerprint/bottomprint for players very close to you )

Your body stays after death, and there are also a lot of pre-generated corpses in the main building.
Damage works differently: if you get hit in the head with a sledgehammer, it could only mean your skull shattering to bits and pieces, meaining you're dead for good.
If you get stabbed in the hand, your hand will bleed and you will have to find something to patch it up with. Kind of like DayZ.

To win the game, you need to have at least two survivors. Otherwise, the last man standing will just find himself in an inescapeable death event sooner or later or just starve.

There will be a hunger mechanic present, and getting some food in an abandoned school like this might not prove easy to you. You start to starve after 45 minutes into the game, and you can actually cannibalise someone for food to keep you alive. Although that greatly impacts your "darkening" level.
If your Darkening meter goes to zero (aka your screen has a noticeable orange-ish vignette), you become very suspectible to posession or even complete control over your body by another ghost.

When you get posessed, your body gets taken over by a ghost and you can't see or control it. Ghosts use your body to express their memories, and they can get pretty violent.

I'm not sure how would the players win the game yet, but I think it would have something to do about learning a vital piece of information for the escape.

Current team:
  • Jack Noir - Scripter, Eventer, Modeller
  • [Builder is absolutely needed!]

Stuff I'd like to be done ( [X] - Not yet started, [WIP] - Work in Progress )
  • The main building [WIP]
  • Closed Space mechanics [X]
  • Ghosts [X]
  • Yoshikazu and Sachiko [X]
  • Posession mechanics [X]
  • Advanced Damage System [X]
Overall progress: 0.01%

Guys, I need help with the main building. I need someone good enough at building to recreate Heavenly Host Elementary School from Corpse Party:Blood Covered so I can work on the other script-related things. If you want to help, reply to this topic or PM me (or both.)
Any help will be appreciated!

Mockup screenshots:

there's a person in there
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 10:27:31 AM by Crystalwarrior »

not fist post
looks cool

This sounds great. Please don't give up on it.

This sounds great. Please don't give up on it.
I surely won't.
I really could use some builders tho .-.

The way the players escape is that they all meat up with each other and perform the charm again. This time doing it the right way, saying "Sachiko we beg of you" for each player and once more for Sachiko. That's how they did it in the game. Make sure that it only works when you have all the players that are still alive.

The way the players escape is that they all meat up with each other and perform the charm again. This time doing it the right way, saying "Sachiko we beg of you" for each player and once more for Sachiko. That's how they did it in the game. Make sure that it only works when you have all the players that are still alive.
But what if one group of two people survive while others just die off?
Does this mean the two people can just perform the ritual and... woosh? They're home?
I think this needs some other way to end the game.

The charm would still be possible, but if you need another way it could exorcising the main evil ghost and letting it rest in peace.

The charm would still be possible, but if you need another way it could exorcising the main evil ghost and letting it rest in peace.
I suppose that could work. :D

it's crossposting but it's worth it:

Btw, port just posted the progress of my build.
:3

I'm thinking of becoming a builder, not sure yet though.

The project is stalling because I don't have any motivation and no builders.
Really, if you want to apply for a builder, knowing how to use duplicator will be good enough. I've already made some assets for school.

Okay, exams have passed, I have much more free time now. I still have no builders or anyone to help me out though.
Seriously, guys. This project is very ambitious. I need a helping hand in a few fields.