Author Topic: How do I make youtube stop using my full name sometimes  (Read 840 times)

Nowhere in my youtube settings did I put my full name. Other people have the name on the right as something like "super cool gaming channel" or whatever they'd like. How do I make this so?

yeah ive been noticing this too wtf

It appears as if my full name is revealed in the related videos as well. There goes pseudonyms on YouTube.

In your channel settings, change your channel title to your YouTube username or whatever else you want and it will show that instead.

In your channel settings, change your channel title to your YouTube username or whatever else you want and it will show that instead.
It's already set to Treynolds416

It's already set to Treynolds416

Not sure what you're doing wrong, then.

Do I have to monetize or some stuff? I already upgraded to the new layout

I don't have a Google+ account linked to my YouTube. If you do, that could be the problem.

This is why you do NOT use your real name or age when signing up for something.
I don't get why you didn't tell google your real name is Trey Nolds or something similar.

I don't have a Google+ account linked to my YouTube. If you do, that could be the problem.
No, I don't have that linked either

This is why you do NOT use your real name or age when signing up for something.
I don't get why you didn't tell google your real name is Trey Nolds or something similar.
Google doesn't allow you to type something that's not a real name

Google doesn't allow you to type something that's not a real name
Yes it does

My username is Syerjchep
My "real" name is syerjchep syerjchep
Lol

Whats so bad about using your real name?

I would use my real name but the main issue is its too long and also using your real name isn't allowed on the forums....or in many games.

I logged out of youtube then entered my password again since it makes a another account off your Gmail account so you have two profiles on the one account, since it was set to my full name.