Author Topic: Bot Team events (slayer)  (Read 4238 times)

Could we have bots on teams so we could go co-op without other players or bots vs. bots?

Yes, this is the next major feature I will work on.

Yes, this is the next major feature I will work on.
/thread

Ya know Greek2me, you're alright. Thanks for listening to us.

How should you decide which team a bot is on?

I don't want to use a separate spawn brick like player and vehicle spawns, since there's so many types of bot hole. Should you name the brick? Use events? Just paint it?

I don't want to use a separate spawn brick like player and vehicle spawns, since there's so many types of bot hole. Should you name the brick? Use events? Just paint it?

Team Bot Spawn (automatically a blockhead, interchangeable with gamemodes enabled). Create an event where you can change what kind of bot is on the hole. Yeah, paint it.

Could you also make a gamemode sort of like ZAPT for slayer? That would be really really awesome.

I would Prefer events to set bot teams.

Yeah. Setslayerbotteam.

Why not both?

Imo colors would be simpler

Why not both?

Imo colors would be simpler

Both is probably the best idea lol.

Also I was making a pet's server (basically baby dragons, dogs n stuff follow you around) and you can battle them.

I never released it because I ran into some problems, for example bots getting stuck.

Is there a way for them to automatically teleport to a target if they get to far from a target?

Also is there a way to show their health on screen. Ex. client>bottomprint>BotHealth: <bothealth>

I will probably do both. This is harder than I expected so far.

I figured out a better way to spawn team bots:

Slayer will create a new "Team" bot hole for every normal bot hole that you have enabled. This even works for 3rd-party bots like this.

Friend!

« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 01:21:52 PM by Greek2me »

Cool so you can have a huge battle against 10 players and 10 bots vs 10 players and 10 bots

Neat