Author Topic: New SARS-like virus becomes global threat.  (Read 3653 times)

Sort of, but it's not able to infect you.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaccine
I heard these people who volunteered to test an HIV vaccine ended up getting infected.

forget madagascar go to greenland
they're white over there

I heard these people who volunteered to test an HIV vaccine ended up getting infected.
Okay, but those were test subjects. I mean, that's sad! But, like, if you're taking an already well-tested vaccine, that won't happen.

Seriously, where the forget do these keep popping up from?
Evolution.

They keep making viruses. Sweet Jesus China, what is wrong with you?
High population density?

I've heard of cases where people get sick cause of vaccines, I don't trust them.
Because the vaccine triggers your body's immune response, so that the body is prepared if the real thing comes. You're not sick in the same sense as if you get the actual virus.

Okay, but those were test subjects. I mean, that's sad! But, like, if you're taking an already well-tested vaccine, that won't happen.
but it was a vaccine, it infected people.

Because the vaccine triggers your body's immune response, so that the body is prepared if the real thing comes. You're not sick in the same sense as if you get the actual virus.
Thats true.
However considering I almost never get sick I choose not to waste money on a vaccine that'll just give it to me anyways.
Low population so I'm good.

but it was a vaccine, it infected people.
That's a single, uncited example for a test vaccine. It's hardly reason to paint vaccines as the boogeyman.

"I heard"
What does this mean? Did you read this from something credible, or is this just hearsay?

Also, how do you think "testing" a vaccine would work? By giving them the vaccine, and then exposing them to the virus to see if they get infected, while comparing it to a control group that was injected with a placebo and then exposing them with the virus. If people are being exposed to the virus, of course people are going to get infected, especially with a virus as highly genetically variable as HIV

a vaccine that'll just give it to me anyways.
Because the vaccine triggers your body's immune response, so that the body is prepared if the real thing comes. You're not actually sick in the same sense as if you get the actual virus.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 10:40:51 PM by Headcrab Zombie »

About time the world had a stupidly melodramatic scare about another disease.
I mean swine flu was a while ago and we can't go too long without PANICKING FOR NOTHIIINNNGGG
AHHHH

omg zambo apcralyspe wer gun ded

"I heard"
What does this mean? Did you read this from something credible, or is this just hearsay?
I just heard it from some dude in real life a few years back. This article seems to back things up.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-204_162-57581454/government-halts-hiv-vaccine-trial-after-shot-fails-to-prevent-infections/

Anyway back to sars.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-204_162-57581454/government-halts-hiv-vaccine-trial-after-shot-fails-to-prevent-infections/
"...fails to prevent infection..."
This is not the same as the vaccine causing infection. Also refer to my previous post

"...the increased risk of HIV among vaccine group was not statistically significant when compared to the placebo group..."

welp time to go to greenland
meet ya guys there