Poll

Which block/blocks should be added next?

Bedrock
Emerald Ore and Block of Emerald
Block of Coal
Glass Pane
Rose and Dandelion
Blue Rose
Nether Reactor Core
Crafting Table, Chest, Large Chest and Furnace
Nether Quartz Ore and Different Variations of Block of Quartz
Enchantment Table and Brewing Stand
Sponge
Fern
Different Variations of Stairs
More Slabs
Trapdoor
Dropper, Hopper and Dispensor
Minecart Rails, Torches, Redstone Torches, Redstone Dust and Block of Redstone
Different Variations of Saplings
Wooden/Netherbrick Fences and Fence Gate
Ladder
Block of Lapis Lazuli
Note Block and Jukebox
Mob Heads
Flower Pots Along With Different Plants Inside Them
Wool Blocks of Different Colors
Hardened Clay Blocks of Different Colors
Paitnings
A Few Item Frames With Different Items
Jack O' Lantern
Water and Lava Source Blocks and Water and Lava Flowing Blocks
Beacon

Author Topic: BlockCraft  (Read 7198 times)

I had a lot of fun.

Render distance of 180, shaders were off.

I have been just normally building here. And for many people, they say it's very laggy on the server.
Cool to know I'm not the only one.

Also ID discrimination specifically isn't good, but there's nothing wrong with asking for experienced players. Whether or not you're a good administrator, being inexperienced could be a really bad thing
If you're saying that someone with a low ID is experienced and someone with a high ID is inexperienced in which is still terrible logic, because it could be vice versa.
But if not then I agree with you there, but he still wasn't asking for experienced players, he was just asking for people that don't have a high ID before he changed it.

I think I'm going to have to make some things more specific.

First, the ID discrimination, as soon as you find me a 50k ID that is experienced, I'll think about it.
I'm trying to ask for experienced players, not noobs.

Secondly, the VIP thing.
I can give anything I want to people who donate as a thank you.
The punishments thing, they're still given the same punishments except they're given a warning instead having their build destroyed immediately.

Also, the giving their build a warning thing.
If someone could make an add-on for me where admins can override build trust, please say something.
(No, I don't want to screw around with builds, there'd be no point in hosting the server if that's all I wanted to do.  This is simply so that warnings can be placed on the builds without trust being required.)

Um, I've noticed a small problem with the Return to Blockland Dedicated Hosting Service's auto-saving.
I only built about half of the existing terrain, but many of the bricks built by other players have been changed from their ownership to my ownership.
If this can't be fixed, the terrain might have to be completely reset in the new version that I'm working on.

I'm working on version two of the server.
Version two will include a nether terrain build area, some bug fixes with the Minecraft Blocks and hopefully the donation and VIP system.
Maybe even some new blocks and a new environment.

I think I'll make my last mod for blockland. A new, publicly maintained, blockocraft game mode.

Um, I've noticed a small problem with the Return to Blockland Dedicated Hosting Service's auto-saving.
I only built about half of the existing terrain, but many of the bricks built by other players have been changed from their ownership to my ownership.
If this can't be fixed, the terrain might have to be completely reset in the new version that I'm working on.

I'm working on version two of the server.
Version two will include a nether terrain build area, some bug fixes with the Minecraft Blocks and hopefully the donation and VIP system.
Maybe even some new blocks and a new environment.
Can you also activate the default bots?
So we can have villagers running around, or pigs, or anything that involves bots.

First, the ID discrimination, as soon as you find me a 50k ID that is experienced, I'll think about it.
You're the one who supposed to find people, and besides here's something for you: 1. You never specified of how high the ID can't be. 2. I never said newcomers. 3. Ever heard of alts?

I'm just saying, I'm not telling you how to run your server.

Name
Meow
In-Game Name
Meow
BLID
Reason
I do recall you saying that you don't like the server.
Why would you ban someone for not liking a server? That's pretty harsh. Someone's opinion is their opinion, you don't have to punish them for an opinion. There is no need to take them so seriously, just ignore them and be done with it.

Why would you ban someone for not liking a server? That's pretty harsh. Someone's opinion is their opinion, you don't have to punish them for an opinion. There is no need to take them so seriously, just ignore them and be done with it.
Actually, he said he hates the server in a much more rude way.
He used a lot of words...

Can you also activate the default bots?
So we can have villagers running around, or pigs, or anything that involves bots.
Forgot to do that for you.
I will as soon as I update the game mode version in a few days.

You're the one who supposed to find people, and besides here's something for you: 1. You never specified of how high the ID can't be. 2. I never said newcomers. 3. Ever heard of alts?

I'm just saying, I'm not telling you how to run your server.
Sorry.  I meant newcomers with 50k IDs.
And I know that someone can have more than one account.  I would just give their main account moderator.
Sorry if I wasn't specific enough.

I have been just normally building here. And for many people, they say it's very laggy on the server.
The server is laggy because of all the bricks.
The bricks are not causing lag, they're lowering your frame rate.
The high number of bricks is overloading your graphics card.
If you want this to stop, turn down the graphics quality or get a better graphics card.

The server is laggy because of all the bricks.
The bricks are not causing lag, they're lowering your frame rate.
The high number of bricks is overloading your graphics card.
If you want this to stop, turn down the graphics quality or get a better graphics card.
Ill be sure to spend an extra $200 to play this server.

Ill be sure to spend an extra $200 to play this server.
It's not my fault that bricks cause lag.
It's not my fault you have a crappy graphics card.
It's not my fault graphics cards cost money.
It's not my fault you choose not to lower your graphics quality instead of wining.

It's not my fault that bricks cause lag.
It's not my fault you have a crappy graphics card.
It's not my fault graphics cards cost money.
It's not my fault you choose not to lower your graphics quality instead of wining.
It's not our fault some of us can't afford to get the beefiest of computers.
And FYI, I'm sure most of us actually are lowering graphics quality. I get pretty bad framerates on high-brickcount servers, but never as ridiculous as this. I'm 100% sure I was under 1FPS in that screenshot I posted yesterday.

I'd rather go and play Minecraft than deal with this server. At least I can get a solid 35.

It's not our fault some of us can't afford to get the beefiest of computers.
And FYI, I'm sure most of us actually are lowering graphics quality. I get pretty bad framerates on high-brickcount servers, but never as ridiculous as this. I'm 100% sure I was under 1FPS in that screenshot I posted yesterday.

I'd rather go and play Minecraft than deal with this server. At least I can get a solid 35.
It's not my fault either.
I can't fix the frame rate drop caused by high brick counts.

My only advise:
- Turn shaders OFF.
- Lower max draw distance to lowest possible.
- Lower any other graphics you can think of as much as possible.

My only advise:
- Turn shaders OFF.
- Lower max draw distance to lowest possible.
- Lower any other graphics you can think of as much as possible.
Again, making it clearer for you, hopefully.