Author Topic: "USB Device Not Recognized" - This is REALLY bugging me.  (Read 2356 times)

I think the real problem is that you have a huge black circle on your screen.
this
sorry, it's just that since the December Scare (i'll try to find one of my links for the topic), i've been censoring out pretty much anything that would involve, well, just read the topic and see.

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=216304.msg6149318#msg6149318

note that at the time I was nevere IP-tracked/whatever you guys wanna call it so yeah.

Also guys, it's a laptop.

What OS do you use? If Windows I can help.
windows 7 64 bit I think, I'll check again in dxdiag.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 02:08:12 PM by Decepticon »

ok now you're just making stuff up

this
I'm not making stuff up.

When a motherboard is starts failing one of the symptoms is USB failure, Or whenever USB ports don't get enough power they tend to fail.

I need more info from OP, he needs to post more info, for all it could be it might just end up being a dirty USB port.

Remember guys, this may be something in-part of it:
bump
I think I found out what was happening
whenever I tried using my mic in Gmod, nobody could hear me
whenever I tested my mic on Steam, no sound went into it at all
my mic is one of those that are attatched to the laptop kind-of-thingssorry if I sound like a complete dumbass at this, but how exactly do I update my drivers again? i haven't really paid attention to them for a few months now and that could be why

This happened to me where my USB 3.0 drivers literally failed for no reason on my laptop rendering my USB ports useless until I reinstalled the driver. It's the 2nd time this happened for me because the drivers seem buggy and they fail whenever they feel like it.

Also this is for USB 3.0(BLUE USB PORTS), there's no such thing as drivers for USB 2.0, at least I don't think there is.

If you got USB 3.0 you either have Realtek USB 3.0 or Fresco Logic USB 3.0. Just try both drivers and see which one works.

Also this is for USB 3.0(BLUE USB PORTS), there's no such thing as drivers for USB 2.0, at least I don't think there is.
Only if you're using Windows 98 SE, ME, 2000, or XP without SP1.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 05:12:10 PM by KoopaScooper »

windows 7 64 bit I think, I'll check again in dxdiag.
Agh, dammit I can't remember how to fix it. My brain completely deleted the "USB FAILURE FIX"