Author Topic: $20 dollars. Save up or spend all?  (Read 2837 times)

As an 8th grade graduation present, I got $20. I can either save up $10 more and buy XCOM or spend it all on something in my wishlist. Which do you recommend?

Before anyone says "XCOM is $40 dumbass" I'm buying it on this handy little shop that has permanent sales on almost everything.

YOU JUST HAD ONE SIMPLE JOB WHACKIN
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 12:04:16 AM by Nal »

save because steam summer sale

save it up and get something awesome

If you really want it, then go for it

If you're just buying it to buy something though you should just save your money

You only got 20 dollars? I got 250

That's incredibly rude, not everyone has the same income, ideals, and customs as your family

You only got 20 dollars? I got 250 and I bought a forum key with 5 of it.
Just say "suck my rooster," why don't you?

Just say "suck my rooster," why don't you?

Yeah, this comment wasn't necessary either. Regulith's was.

Yeah, this comment wasn't necessary either. Regulith's was.
Wow, tough crowd.

OT: Save up your money, until you get up to around $50.

Why would you get money for graduation 8th grade.. Or any grade in specific. Am I missing something? Perhaps my parents are even poorer than I thought.

Also, why are you speaking of $20 as if it was a big thing? :/ "save up $10 more".. what do you mean. You don't have $10 to spare? You really need to save up for $10? $10 is how much you use to buy some treats over at the store.

Why would you get money for graduation 8th grade.. Or any grade in specific. Am I missing something? Perhaps my parents are even poorer than I thought.

Also, why are you speaking of $20 as if it was a big thing? :/ "save up $10 more".. what do you mean. You don't have $10 to spare? You really need to save up for $10? $10 is how much you use to buy some treats over at the store.
I don't get rewards for passing grades, you pass you pass. In the end I will get rewards. I guess I am poorer than most of the BLF :(

Because 9th Grade is the first year of High School or something. (My high school was 10-12 because it was too small for the 9th graders)

1. 8th grade is the end of middle school/junior high for a lot of U.S. school systems

2. Like I said before, all families are different and don't all give their children money for school accomplishments, it doesn't necessarily have to do with how much money they have

That's incredibly rude, not everyone has the same income, ideals, and customs as your family
I didn't mean it as rude I was just saying save up for more money. He can get good things with it. I'm sorry if it offended him in any way

...I'm guessing that you expected to mainly get responses about what games you should buy.

Mostly because this is in the games section as opposed to off-topic.