7 (0.8%)
Camel
12 (1.3%)
DeadFur
18 (1.9%)
Human
352 (38%)

Total Members Voted: 923

Author Topic: Furry Megathread - Furry Things Here  (Read 4523453 times)

-
“Well, Prince, so Genoa and Lucca are now just family estates of the Buonapartes. But I warn you, if you don’t tell me that this means war, if you still try to defend the infamies and horrors perpetrated by that Antichrist- I really believe he is Antichrist- I will have nothing more to do with you and you are no longer my friend, no longer my ‘faithful slave,’ as you call yourself! But how do you do? I see I have frightened you- sit down and tell me all the news.”

It was in July, 1805, and the speaker was the well-known Anna Pavlovna Scherer, maid of honor and favorite of the Empress Marya Fedorovna. With these words she greeted Prince Vasili Kuragin, a man of high rank and importance, who was the first to arrive at her reception. Anna Pavlovna had had a cough for some days. She was, as she said, suffering from la grippe; grippe being then a new word in St. Petersburg, used only by the elite.

All her invitations without exception, written in French, and delivered by a scarlet-liveried footman that morning, ran as follows:

“If you have nothing better to do, Count [or Prince], and if the prospect of spending an evening with a poor invalid is not too terrible, I shall be very charmed to see you tonight between 7 and 10- Annette Scherer.”

“Heavens! what a virulent attack!” replied the prince, not in the least disconcerted by this reception. He had just entered, wearing an embroidered court uniform, knee breeches, and shoes, and had stars on his breast and a serene expression on his flat face. He spoke in that refined French in which our grandfathers not only spoke but thought, and with the gentle, patronizing intonation natural to a man of importance who had grown old in society and at court. He went up to Anna Pavlovna, kissed her hand, presenting to her his bald, scented, and shining head, and complacently seated himself on the sofa.

“First of all, dear friend, tell me how you are. Set your friend’s mind at rest,” said he without altering his tone, beneath the politeness and affected sympathy of which indifference and even irony could be discerned.

“Can one be well while suffering morally? Can one be calm in times like these if one has any feeling?” said Anna Pavlovna. “You are staying the whole evening, I hope?”

“And the fete at the English ambassador’s? Today is Wednesday. I must put in an appearance there,” said the prince. “My daughter is coming for me to take me there.”

“I thought today’s fete had been canceled. I confess all these festivities and fireworks are becoming wearisome.”

“If they had known that you wished it, the entertainment would have been put off,” said the prince, who, like a wound-up clock, by force of habit said things he did not even wish to be believed.

“Don’t tease! Well, and what has been decided about Novosiltsev’s dispatch? You know everything.”

“What can one say about it?” replied the prince in a cold, listless tone. “What has been decided? They have decided that Buonaparte has burnt his boats, and I believe that we are ready to burn ours.”

Prince Vasili always spoke languidly, like an actor repeating a stale part. Anna Pavlovna Scherer on the contrary, despite her forty years, overflowed with animation and impulsiveness. To be an enthusiast had become her social vocation and, sometimes even when she did not feel like it, she became enthusiastic in order not to disappoint the expectations of those who knew her. The subdued smile which, though it did not suit her faded features, always played round her lips expressed, as in a spoiled child, a continual consciousness of her charming defect, which she neither wished, nor could, nor considered it necessary, to correct.

In the midst of a conversation on political matters Anna Pavlovna burst out:

“Oh, don’t speak to me of Austria. Perhaps I don’t understand things, but Austria never has wished, and does not wish, for war. She is betraying us! Russia alone must save Europe. Our gracious sovereign recognizes his high vocation and will be true to it. That is the one thing I have faith in! Our good and wonderful sovereign has to perform the noblest role on earth, and he is so virtuous and noble that God will not forsake him. He will fulfill his vocation and crush the hydra of revolution, which has become more terrible than ever in the person of this murderer and villain! We alone must avenge the blood of the just one…. Whom, I ask you, can we rely on?… England with her commercial spirit will not and cannot understand the Emperor Alexander’s loftiness of soul. She has refused to evacuate Malta. She wanted to find, and still seeks, some secret motive in our actions. What answer did Novosiltsev get? None. The English have not understood and cannot understand the self-abnegation of our Emperor who wants nothing for himself, but only desires the good of mankind. And what have they promised? Nothing! And what little they have promised they will not perform! Prussia has always declared that Buonaparte is invincible, and that all Europe is powerless before him…. And I don’t believe a word that Hardenburg says, or Haugwitz either. This famous Prussian neutrality is just a trap. I have faith only in God and the lofty destiny of our adored monarch. He will save Europe!”

I had made the shot in the wrong basket
I've done that plenty of times :3

In a single game of dodgeball, the same person caught my throw 3 loving times. Out 3 times, so I was like dammat.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 01:51:38 PM by ßlöükfáce »

In my younger and more vulnerable years my father gave me some advice that I've been turning over in my mind ever since.

"Whenever you feel like criticizing any one," he told me, "just remember that all the people in this world haven't had the advantages that you've had."

He didn't say any more, but we've always been unusually communicative in a reserved way, and I understood that he meant a great deal more than that. In consequence, I'm inclined to reserve all judgments, a habit that has opened up many curious natures to me and also made me the victim of not a few veteran bores. The abnormal mind is quick to detect and attach itself to this quality when it appears in a normal person, and so it came about that in college I was unjustly accused of being a politician, because I was privy to the secret griefs of wild, unknown men. Most of the confidences were unsought-frequently I have feigned sleep, preoccupation, or a hostile levity when I realized by some unmistakable sign that an intimate revelation was quivering on the horizon; for the intimate revelations of young men, or at least the terms in which they express them, are usually plagiaristic and marred by obvious suppressions. Reserving judgments is a matter of infinite hope. I am still a little afraid of missing something if I forget that, as my father snobbishly suggested, and I snobbishly repeat, a sense of the fundamental decencies is parcelled out unequally at birth.

Dude I love Gatsby

I've done that plenty of times :3

In a single game of dodgeball, the same person caught my throw 3 loving times. Out 3 times, so I was like dammat.
It wasn't my essay. I play basketball for a living lol.

Dude I love Gatsby
ooo someone knew what it was

that makes me happy

ooo someone knew what it was

that makes me happy
Well the first line kinda gave it away

How do I upload my art if it's drawn on paper?

Conditions:
My phone sucks
my comp doesn't appear to have SD slots
Comp software sucks and can't find Photoshop

What I tried:
Use a tablet to upload pics taken by my sucky outdated phone

Effects:
Screwed up that SD card's data in the process

Well the first line kinda gave it away
i think me and one other friend are the only people who even know it exists out of all of my friends

so no not really

How do I upload my art if it's drawn on paper?

Conditions:
My phone sucks
my comp doesn't appear to have SD slots

What I tried:
Use a tablet to upload pics taken by my sucky outdated phone

Effects:
Screwed up that SD card's data in the process
you'll have to either:

a) buy a scanner
b) take it somewhere like a staples center where they can scan it for you

i think me and one other friend are the only people who even know it exists out of all of my friends

so no not really
you'll have to either:

a) buy a scanner
b) take it somewhere like a staples center where they can scan it for you
what other places can do that?

what other places can do that?
well there's staples like i mentioned, officemax, officedepot, basically any office supply store near you can do it. i think walmart can do it too but i thought it was for photos only

well there's staples like i mentioned, officemax, officedepot, basically any office supply store near you can do it. i think walmart can do it too but i thought it was for photos only
Lol I didn't think of this before: Use my dad's $800-$1200 camera.
But what would he do if I used it without his permission?

Lol I didn't think of this before: Use my dad's $800-$1200 camera.
But what would he do if I used it without his permission?
you still won't get great quality even if you use a camera, a scanner will always be better. and why not ask for permission first, or ask if you can have the drawing taken somewhere to be scanned?

thx for the help c:
im gonna go on google maps to find the nearest officemax, officedepot, ect

okay, i just looked on googlemaps, and the closest place of office max, office depot, staples.  the closest store is staples, and its pretty far from us.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 02:33:27 PM by Brickitect »