Author Topic: TheBlackParrot and Munkurious' Endless Mining  (Read 2983 times)

Information

TheBlackParrot came to me with the idea of creating our own Infinite Mining, as others have made such as Red_Guy's Unlimited Mining, HonorMining, (the start of it all) Kalphiter's Infinite Mining, and more. I remember back when I was on the HonorMining coding team, it was a real pain to add ore and other things, and to just edit the code at all that Honor had before. To fix this, I recoded everything from scratch.

Basically, we just wanted an infinite mining that had the features we wanted, without features that other mining's had (death-matching is a big one). We also wanted the ability to put in any feature we wanted on the fly. So far, our mod allows us this flexibility.

Features:

Tons of Ores
         We have a system to dynamically add ores to a text file, and with this creates it very easy to add or remove ores. We have added a bunch with this system.

TNT
         You can use TNT to reveal all of the ores you want!

Dirt Layers
         Many dirt layers, going from Sand down to Inner Core, the difficulty of mining dirt progresses as you get deeper!

New Lava Behavior
         Different than most Infinite Mining's lava, ours kills ON TOUCH. You can buy lavasuits to delay this, but it happens. If you attempt to mine lava, you loose your pick as it melts, and must buy a replacement. To get rid of lava, you have to buy a water spray.

Dirt Placer
         Place dirt to fill in those nasty gaps!

Radiation
         Once you get low enough, radiation starts to occur on blocks. You can mine these blocks, and gain 3x their value in cash! The catch? There is a chance you will die from radiation poisoning! You can prevent this by buying Hazmat Suits.

Lanterns!
         Personally, I don't like to use my player light, and wanted a static one to place, so I created lanterns! A player can only have one lantern at a time, and nobody else can remove it.

Ore Protection
         If you start mining an ore, others will not be able to mine it unless you leave it alone for about five seconds. If you add them to your friends, they will be able to.

More!
         We are constantly updating this mod with more features that get suggested (and that we like). Post a suggestion and it has a chance to be added!

News
   View recent news here!

5-27-2013   Parrot came to me with idea to create Infinite Mining Mod
6-3-2013Coding Started for Project - Prototype Done
6-5-2013Started Hosting a Dedicated Beta Server
6-8-2013Topic Created
6-8-2013Added Ore Protection v1
6-8-2013Added Friend System - friend teleporting with /tpTo [name]

Tips
   Some common tips might help!
  • There are many aliases for /levelPick, such as /lp, /levelPickAxe, /upgradePick
  • When using the /levelPick command, you can also type a number afterwards for the level you want to go up to!
  • You can use /lpall to upgrade as many levels as you can using all of your money!
  • You can give others money by using /GiveMoney Who Amount or /GiveCash with the same arguments.
  • You can get unlimited jets by saying /buyJets, they cost $5,000
  • You can buy a shrink ray to be the same size as a block by saying /BuyShrinkRay, for only $10,000!
  • You can look at blocks and people, then press E to view some statistics about them!

Media
   Some cool pictures! (click for bigger)
      Special thanks to Synthesis, caseyb, and Enigami!

Administration

Current Administration Team

Munkurious
Host
TheBlackParrot
Co-Host
Navaro
Admin
Deve111
Admin
DeviceHasBeenModified   
Admin
Ipquarx
Admin
Blok
Admin

Credits

Munkurious - Main Code
TheBlackParrot - Code, Art, Ores, and more
Dalek - Lego Powers Miners Equipment  (models used from)
Rusty - mining hat model
Supporters

« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 02:02:28 PM by Munkey »

~GUI is WIP~

Features completed:
- Display of stats (not all are there yet)
- Encrypted client-side save backup

Features planned:
- Window for commands/shop
- Friend list
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 09:47:49 PM by TheBlackParrot »

Wow. Sounds pretty cool. I'll have to stop by sometime!

Does the lava appear like in blobs or really long strings? That would be cool

Also, why do you remove the lotto blocks D:

Does the lava appear like in blobs or really long strings? That would be cool

Also, why do you remove the lotto blocks D:

At the moment no, but could be soon.

Lotto blocks never existed in our mining. Treasure has been an idea we have had for a while that might come into effect soon.

Lotto blocks never existed in our mining.
But there are lotto blocks in red_guys mining and they are like the best thing ever

just wrote some ore protection. will add a friend system tomorrow so you can mine with friends without worrying about this.

this friend system may include teleporting to friends for price of some dirt

But there are lotto blocks in red_guys mining and they are like the best thing ever
Treasure has been an idea we have had for a while that might come into effect soon.
and we may include personal buffs

server buffs right now are a nono

just wrote some ore protection. will add a friend system tomorrow so you can mine with friends without worrying about this.

this friend system may include teleporting to friends for price of some dirt
Make the "friends" based on build trust so we don't have yet another system

It's really annoying that I have to turn off shaders to see anything D:

It's really annoying that I have to turn off shaders to see anything D:
this is why we have lights, it's supposed to be more difficult

this is why we have lights, it's supposed to be more difficult
Mining in complete darkness until you raise $300 is complete bullstuff

Um, I don't like where this server is going. Frankly, I love Lotto Blocks, and so do a lot of other people. Why did you take them out? Second,
Mining in complete darkness until you raise $300 is complete bullstuff

Yeah, I'm sorry, but I'm not interested.

I found 2 problems:

In /help, the price for jets and lights got switched

I randomly fell through the ground for no reason and now lost my tunnel