Look at Apples new "Desktop"

Author Topic: Look at Apples new "Desktop"  (Read 4048 times)

There is also the new iOS 7, and the new OS X Mavericks.

iOS 7 is actually looking really gorgeous, I can't wait for it. :0

it's not cutting edge at all. it's just a bunch of stuff packed into a soda can.
Ok tell me how fitting all those components into a 9.9" cylinder is not cutting-edge.

it's not cutting edge at all. it's just a bunch of stuff packed into a soda can.

I bet you didn't even look what is inside

iOS 7 is actually looking really gorgeous, I can't wait for it. :0

Me neither

Yeah, more stuff that claims to be "revolutionary."

no I did, it's just that apple sort of exaggerates what it really is. i wanna see how it performs when it's released.

bad thermal design

Um, call me an idiot, but what's the problem? Seriously, it sounds like you all are on the "Apple Hate" bandwagon.

Who cares about the shape? I don't mind it, it looks cool like a cylinder. It also seems to have cutting-edge technology, why can't you guys welcome new things?
Nothing about it is cutting-edge. They've taken technology that's been on the market for quite some time, put it in a trash can, and called it innovative.
With that said, I'm not hating it because it's Apple. I'm hating it because it's a trash can that'll cost up to $2,500, because money.

Everything about Apple is just a big tease.

is the issue that its a small cylinder or is there more problems than just the design
i couldnt load the whole page

ios7 looks pretty good but as usual the ideas are "innovated" from android :u

its stupid how apple exaggerates everything they make
for example "THE IMAC.... ITS GOING TO BE TO THE SPEED OF LIGHT AND WILL MAKE YOU stuff BRICKS... COMING IN FALL...".
Before steve jobs died, apple was actually creative in stuff, and didn't steal certain ideas or put a computer in a trash can.

Once you go black you'll never go back.

Anywho looks neat, I was worried about being able to upgrade it and stuff but it seems find when you get to the insides. Also you have to hand it to them, they know how to make a website.

I'd never buy one though.

Edit: Also note they say how they say "Up to" also known as "You will never ever ever have this speed unless you have $4000 to dump on a computer.
Before steve jobs died, apple was actually creative in stuff, and didn't steal certain ideas or put a computer in a trash can.
hurr durr hurd dddhur rrr hurrrd ddddddddddfk;lsxjk;lck;lx
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 03:58:44 PM by Soukuw »

I love how they manage to fit all these parts into a small, desktop that takes up a lot less space, then people go complaining about it, and iOS 7, actually looks really nice has many nice features, OS X Maverick I don't know much about yet. Point is, you guys just complain about Apple even when they manage to do some stuff right.

You all have biased opinions and just complain about Apple and everything they do.

I love how they manage to fit all these parts into a small, desktop that takes up a lot less space, then people go complaining about it, and iOS 7, actually looks really nice has many nice features, OS X Maverick I don't know much about yet. Point is, you guys just complain about Apple even when they manage to do some stuff right.

You all have biased opinions and just complain about Apple and everything they do.
Oh, sorry for not liking Apple as much as you do.

I'm a Windows fanboy and I dislike just about every product Apple makes, especially their computers but I have to admit I'm intrigued by this. It's something different and genuinely interested in seeing how it's going to work. I don't think it looks anything like a vibrator but rather a soda can. The only problem with the design I can think of is it falling over because it's so tall. Or maybe it isn't tall, we don't know yet because all we've seen are rendered images.

It also seems to have no hard drives so I have no idea how that's going to work for consumers. It could be great for people working in the industry due to the dual GPU's and hopefully a powerful CPU. The central heat sink is the main thing that got me interested. To me it sounds like a genius idea but I'll have to read about it to learn more. It seems to take up almost half of the space inside and combined with the large fan it could keep the temperatures under control really well.