Author Topic: Projectile Model Disappears  (Read 1333 times)

Currently making a weapon, and I have a custom projectile made for it. However, when I fire it, the dts disappears after about a half of a second, but the projectile is still there; that is to say, it still collides, just without a model. And no, it's not a lifetime issue; that's set to 20000. Is this a Blender export issue?

EDIT: After further testing, I have discovered that it is a distance problem, not a time issue.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 04:31:25 PM by BluetoothBoy »

Nobody? Nobody at all? D:

post code
I doubt it would help, as it is just a datablock. But here's the datablock anyway:

Code: [Select]
AddDamageType("Spiky",   '<bitmap:add-ons/Weapon_Projectile_Cannon/CI_spiky> %1',       '%2 <bitmap:add-ons/Weapon_Projectile_Cannon/CI_spiky> %1',1,1);
datablock ProjectileData(spikyProjectile)
{
   projectileShapeName = "./Spiky.dts";
   directDamage        = 100;
   directDamageType  = $DamageType::Spiky;
   radiusDamageType  = $DamageType::Spiky;
   impactImpulse    = 1000;
   verticalImpulse    = 1000;
   explosion           = spearExplosion;

brickExplosionRadius = 1;
   brickExplosionImpact = true; //destroy a brick if we hit it directly?
   brickExplosionForce  = 20;
   brickExplosionMaxVolume = 200;
   brickExplosionMaxVolumeFloating = 200;

muzzleVelocity      = 75;
   velInheritFactor    = 0;
   particleEmitter     = "PCSmokeEmitter";

armingDelay         = 0;
   lifetime            = 20000;
   fadeDelay           = 19500;
   bounceElasticity    = 0;
   bounceFriction      = 0;
   isBallistic         = false;
   gravityMod = 0.40;

hasLight    = false;
   lightRadius = 3.0;
   lightColor  = "0 0 0.5";

uiName = "Spiky Ball";
};

Just a datablock? You have a misunderstanding of code my friend.

As for the datablock you posted, I don't see anything wrong with it. What modeling program are you using?

I'm not misunderstanding code, I just have multiple reasons for not wanting to post the actual code. They are:

a) Current code has no effect on my problem.
b) I'd rather not post it yet because it'll give away hints to what I'm working on (not that many people read this board, however).

Anywho, I'm using Blender, yes it's 2.49. My hierarchy setup is Shape > detail32 > Object. That's all that's needed for projectiles, correct? I have made them successfully before, but I dunno what could be wrong with this one. It doesn't make sense that it would disappear after a certain distance, when other projectiles remain visible just fine. I will send someone my code via PM if they promise not to share it with anyone (and as long as they think they can help).