2 (25%)
Toyland
1 (12.5%)
Winter
3 (37.5%)
Desert
2 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: TomTheGeek's OpenTTD Server - V5! [ONLINE]  (Read 2418 times)

Brought to you by:

It's back - again! Tom has exercised his desire to play OpenTTD by creating another one of his short-lived servers. Join in on the fun! Click on the OpenTTD logo to head to the website.

Server Information

IP: tomthegeek.tk
Password: blockland
Start and End Year: 1975 to 2075

Rules

• No crash and burn companies. All companies created must be played for a minimum of five minutes to avoid deletion.
  • No obstructive structures (cross-continental railways, etc.) until the year of 2035.
  • Do not manipulate the terrain in outrageous ways. This means no large rivers (small waterways are permitted), mountains, valleys, etc.
* These rules are subject to change. Server resets can occur without warning, but warning will be provided as necessary.

Have fun!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 11:39:49 AM by Comatose »

i approve. i'll do mods after one vanilla server if you guys want to.

i approve. i'll do mods after one vanilla server if you guys want to.

I approve of your approval.

Okay I want to get started playing this again. Whats the first thing you should do at the start?

Okay I want to get started playing this again. Whats the first thing you should do at the start?

Start with bus routes, and expand outward.

We are restarting the server at 2 PM EST in order to prevent players having an unfair advantage. The new time period will be 1975 to 2075, and we will have a 2048x2048 map.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 12:34:08 PM by Comatose »

Start with bus routes, and expand outward.

We are restarting the server at 2 PM EST in order to prevent players having an unfair advantage. The new time period will be 1975 to 2075, and we will have a 1024x1024 map.

fixed. we'll get a bigger one when i do a server transfer soon.

i have found the best way to host this game is to have a scheduled time that it is up. like thu-sat evenings from 4pm-midnight central time or whatever.

because running it 24/7. the game is kinda ruined in a few days. cities overgrow on their own, the date flies by real fast and on day2, a new player joining already is forced to buy the expensive top end vehicles without the subtle upgrading done from his non existing rich company.

like half the challenge and competition is upgrading your train engines or road vehicles to the better ones as they come in by date. hopefully faster then the other players can afford to do so, so you can get the benefits quicker.
its not fun when you join a game and you can only buy the final engine, and it costs 100k. way over budget for a new company.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 01:23:06 PM by Bisjac »

I am the transportation lord, bow beneath McPartyland Transportation LLC.'s feet.

<17:34:21>  Trying to resolve hostname tomthegeek.tk
<17:34:25>  Trying to connect to server on tomthegeek.tk
<17:34:32>  Failed to connect to server

:(

<17:34:21>  Trying to resolve hostname tomthegeek.tk
<17:34:25>  Trying to connect to server on tomthegeek.tk
<17:34:32>  Failed to connect to server

:(

We've been having a couple connection issues today. Please continue to attempt to connect.

this game good game

To these players:

• All: The server has been rebooted. Please rejoin to set company passwords as you see fit.
  • Captain Zee: You are having issues with train and truck routing. Several citizens and truck drivers have died following train collisions.

Why does this game look so horrible
Like, I dont see the fun in it