2 (25%)
Toyland
1 (12.5%)
Winter
3 (37.5%)
Desert
2 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: TomTheGeek's OpenTTD Server - V5! [ONLINE]  (Read 2401 times)

what size maps do you guys play.
the largest is possible for multiplayer but you have to disable the timeout somewhere in a config file i forget what.
otherwise people cant connect and download it fast enough before they are booted lol
1024x1024, it's currently about 1.88MB, and I can connect with no problems.

This game is fun tobad I suckbat it :(

Do you guys think we could restart sometime soon, like maybe tonight? :)

Do you guys think we could restart sometime soon, like maybe tonight? :)
It probably will soon, it's progressed 68 years out of 100 so far.

You should enable disasters next round.  :cookieMonster:

1024x1024, it's currently about 1.88MB, and I can connect with no problems.

yeah its the biggest size where people get cut off. there are only so many default seconds a server wants to wait for people.
plus downloading is just done very slow for some reason to.

You should enable disasters next round.  :cookieMonster:

i like enabled breakdowns. it forces people to use depots for repairs every now and then and have them within traffic distance.
and forces people to spend money on replacing vehicles altogether every few years.

i like enabled breakdowns. it forces people to use depots for repairs every now and then and have them within traffic distance.
and forces people to spend money on replacing vehicles altogether every few years.
On the other hand, it makes timezone problems even more problematic.

vehicles auto repair at your chosing intervals. and can auto replace at your chosen intervals.
its a matter of if your personal economy can support it or not.
they dont even need to be online.

it kinda forces people to not spam buy to many vehicles to quickly when they arent eearning enough to support said vehicles.
its more of a settings for making the game harder for advanced players.

every vehicle you buy should be watched a year later to see if they are earning enough to validate their existance.
and drop off and pick up locations need to be watched as well to see if you have to many or not enough vehicles.

its a micromanagment game. because vehicle count =/= success. its all about how you use them

vehicles auto repair at your chosing intervals. and can auto replace at your chosen intervals.
its a matter of if your personal economy can support it or not.
they dont even need to be online.

it kinda forces people to not spam buy to many vehicles to quickly when they arent eearning enough to support said vehicles.
its more of a settings for making the game harder for advanced players.
I was more talking about the quick replacement, but other than that, sounds interesting.

i can join a game and max out my loan instantly to build 1 train line with 1 train on it.
but after 3 years when i finally press "go" on it. im already making more money then any player thats been in game for 20+ years.

its tricky stuff

Poll is up, vote for what map you want next.

Do you think you may be able to start it today?

desert my fav. i like how the cities dont overgrow for no reason.

Do you think you may be able to start it today?

Depends on how many votes we receive. If we get enough votes for one kind of map, we'll switch it sometime today.