Author Topic: Can we please stop bumping resolved/dead topics?  (Read 2582 times)

Please stop.

I don't mean to sound pushy, but I feel like everyone keeps digging up old topics from the grave and reviving them even after they've been resolved (by a ban or lack of responses from the accused thus proving his/her guilt). I don't really know if this topic is acceptable in drama, but it's about drama, so I believe so. I just want to ask you guys to try really, really, realllllly hard not to bump topics that haven't had any responses for at least 10 days, if not less.

I'm trying to read the newest topics and all I'm seeing are old topics being revived by random people who feel left out from the topic and think that if they post on a month old topic, it's okay.

Example: Spencer2015 revived his own topic with: "haha", the most senseless bump for a topic that was over a month old. It wasn't even a reasonable response. I mean, if a topic truly needs to be revived, please have a good reason for it. It's really obnoxious trying to read the latest topics when the front page is spammed with ongoing topics such as the drama topic about Wound. That drama has been resolved already, stop posting on it, it's dead.

I don't want to sound like a jerk, I'm just asking if you guys can please try harder not to senselessly bump old topics.

Thanks.

Why not? This board is a circle jerk. It's not like its quality is getting any worse when someone bumps it. If it really bothers you, you shouldn't be here in the first place.

im sorry but people are too stupid to listen to this

usually people who bump old topics are idiots, newbies who don't know how we work, or trolls

Why not? This board is a circle jerk. It's not like its quality is getting any worse when someone bumps it. If it really bothers you, you shouldn't be here in the first place.

No, if there's an ongoing discussion, it's fine, but if it's dead for a few days and it's been resolved, that's what annoys me. It doesn't bother me until people keep hitting the topic with a bat even after it's already dead.

im sorry but people are too stupid to listen to this

usually people who bump old topics are idiots, newbies who don't know how we work, or trolls

Yeah, I made that mistake once on my first forum account. I think I still hold the record for the forum's longest bump. I'm not really proud of that because I was eleven when I had that account like five years ago, but I quickly learned not to do that again. lol.

I'm not saying I'm mad at anyone, people make mistakes. I just want people to realize it's not a very good idea to bump old topics.

It's not like someone is bumping a topic from 2009 or anything.

Nothing really to complain about.

It's not like someone is bumping a topic from 2009 or anything.

Nothing really to complain about.
you cant in the first place

It wasn't that way back then considering I had bumped a two-year-old topic a few years ago. lol

Probably a recently added feature because of morons like the older me. xD

how about you stop posting in topics to say "can we please let this die??"

you're being counter productive to your own point. ignore the topic if you want it to die, don't post in it.

I have the feeling that somebody will bump this topic when its old..

yes you can. if you were the last poster in a topic you can still edit your post, and if you do the topic is then bumpable again

yes you can. if you were the last poster in a topic you can still edit your post, and if you do the topic is then bumpable again
Seirously?!

how about you stop posting in topics to say "can we please let this die??"

you're being counter productive to your own point. ignore the topic if you want it to die, don't post in it.
i think we should ban revivers + ban anyone who follows up on them with "can we let this die"

Until this forums software says that a topic is too old to be posted in, it's not dead, therefore I don't think it's fair to petition a rule about this (not like that petition would have any effect).

Until this forums software says that a topic is too old to be posted in, it's not dead, therefore I don't think it's fair to petition a rule about this (not like that petition would have any effect).
that's a fair point, disregard what i said.  and yeah no a petition lol never in a million years.