Best graphics card to run shaders on max + other games really well?

Author Topic: Best graphics card to run shaders on max + other games really well?  (Read 717 times)

I'm willing to pay (almost) anything, what is the best graphics card to run shaders + other games?

"almost" anything can vary from a nForce to a Titan.
Without a budget no one can help you unless you can pay $4000, considering that is the best. (x4 GTX Titans)

"almost" anything can vary from a nForce to a Titan.
Without a budget no one can help you unless you can pay $4000, considering that is the best. (x4 GTX Titans)
Okay, 150$ is my max budget. I'd prefer to pay a little less. Shaders don't HAVE to be on max, either. It's just that I hate running them on minimum

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127599

This card is really good value if you just want better graphics performance in general. You'll be able to run max shaders, but probably not with too many bricks.

You'll want to make sure you have enough wattage on your power supply, mind showing us the specifications of your computer? (If it's prebuilt you can just link to the computer on the manufacturer's website)

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?gpu=Radeon+HD+6770
http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?gpu=GeForce+GTX+460&id=31

If your limit is $150 I'd rather have you get the GTX 460 instead of Pecon's recommended 6770. It's better.
If you have a limit of $150 it's best to go for the limit, because getting something under it is nothing more than a loss.

Get THIS one. I got it and it runs max shaders and max other graphics on BL without a problem. (9000+ bricks)

It can run other games on medium / high as well, such as The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (60-65 fps on high, not ultra), Mirror's Edge (70-90 fps on medium/high)

The only con about this card is that AA and fog don't agree with it that much. (Slows it down a ton, but not unplayable, 30-40 fps on medium/high, 8xAA on Mirror's Edge.)

Also comes with a 75$ in game coupon. Not sure what for though...

Get THIS one. I got it and it runs max shaders and max other graphics on BL without a problem. (9000+ bricks)

It can run other games on medium / high as well, such as The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (60-65 fps on high, not ultra), Mirror's Edge (70-90 fps on medium/high)

The only con about this card is that AA and fog don't agree with it that much. (Slows it down a ton, but not unplayable, 30-40 fps on medium/high, 8xAA on Mirror's Edge.)

Also comes with a 75$ in game coupon. Not sure what for though...

GTX 460 is better than 650.

Generally it's not the best practice to buy outdated architecture, but if OP really doesn't care about buying into a 460, that's what he should get

I'm willing to pay (almost) anything
Okay, 150$ is my max budget.
Do you have any idea of computer and prices, what causes you to think that $150 is much for computer parts?

Do you have any idea of computer and prices, what causes you to think that $150 is much for computer parts?
It's what I have lying around... :/

zeb stop being jelly!!

OT: GTX 460 would be good, just make sure your CPU and your Ram all fit with the card perfectly, you don't want your CPU to be bottlenecked.