Author Topic: Road Exam Today  (Read 1289 times)

My road exam is this morning at 9:00 AM EST.

It's my first take and I'm feeling pretty confident. Anyone have any tips?

Update: I failed. ;)
Well, it would appear that I was not meant to get my license today. ;)

Wasn't quite as lucky. My proctor was 40+, moderately obese, and only spoke with me when I did something wrong. He didn't seem like a bad guy but it was a pretty awkward ride. He hummed once though.

My "fatal error" was at a 4-way intersection where the vehicles on the two adjacent roads were stopped by stop signs while I was not. I didn't notice and assumed that the vehicle to the right of me had the right of way, so I let him go. My bad.

In addition, I made several smaller mistakes. Though I looked back for the majority of the time while I was parallel parking, I glanced forward once to see how close my car was to the one in front of us. That was a mistake. I also didn't switch lanes quick enough (a lane was ending; there were no cars but I didn't switch into the travel lane immediately).

Right at the end he did tell me that I was pretty much guaranteed to pass when I take the exam again, so that's reassuring.

Oh well. Back to public transportation for now.

And for the record, we did go through the school zone, and there were kids present. Didn't make any mistakes there thanks to Marcem and trinick. <3
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 09:36:34 AM by End »

I've never heard it called anything other than driving exam.

good plan: Not Dying
That's not just a good plan, but a great plan. I'll try my best. ;)

I've never heard it called anything other than driving exam.
I try. <3

remember, green means stop, yellow means revv it, and when that sucker hits red FLOOR IT!

Don't forget if someone cuts off in front of you and slows down, stick your finger out of the window and flip them off. Do it or else you will get a demerit ;)

remember, green means stop, yellow means revv it, and when that sucker hits red FLOOR IT!
You call that advice? Everyone knows that. My mother taught me that when I was five.

Don't forget if someone cuts off in front of you and slows down, stick your finger out of the window and flip them off. Do it or else you will get a demerit ;)
I like to build on that. You know, maybe stick my head and the majority of my upper body out of the window at the same time, all while screaming "starfish" or something similar.

Don't go 5 MPH over the speed limit. I got points reduced for that. Don't go over a curb. Stay within the lines even if you're taking a right turn. Check your windows often. Always keep two hands on the wheel at all times. Don't hesitate at any point during the test. They watch for every small detail so stay alert and aware.

Remember, keep your hands on the 10 and 4 wheel positions.

That doesn't matter too much. It's whatever you're comfortable with as long as two hands are on the wheel.

Isn't it 10 and 2?

Don't go 5 MPH over the speed limit. I got points reduced for that. Don't go over a curb. Stay within the lines even if you're taking a right turn. Check your windows often. Always keep two hands on the wheel at all times. Don't hesitate at any point during the test. They watch for every small detail so stay alert and aware.
my dad went 20 MPH over the highway speed limit once, and he didn't realize it.  (85 MPH)

I believe here in Maine speeding in any form is an automatic failure. I could be wrong.

Thanks for the advice!

Isn't it 10 and 2?
Yes.

In my state they actually told me that 10 and 2 was outdated and I should do 9 and 3 or 4 and 8