Certain symbols in Steam don't appear until enter or the second symbol

Author Topic: Certain symbols in Steam don't appear until enter or the second symbol  (Read 487 times)

Some symbols in Steam, seems like  ^ ' and ` don't appear until I write something else after it, no matter what it is (enter/space etc) which makes it frustrating if I have it as my last symbol in the chatbox, which happens often ("quotes", uguu~, ^w^, these are just examples).

Anyone has any idea what is going on?
Basically, on a empty chatbox: If I press ^ once, it is still empty, if I press it again, it appears as ^^.

This is called combining characters, something my keyboard has too. Try pressing ^ and then a. You'll get â. If you don't want to do it, just press ^ and space.

Wait, it only happens in Steam? That's odd.

This is called combining characters, something my keyboard has too. Try pressing ^ and then a. You'll get â. If you don't want to do it, just press ^ and space.

Wait, it only happens in Steam? That's odd.
^a

uh-uh...

Any way to disable this feature? It's stupid.

Control+Shift changed the language setting for Steam and Steam only, that explains why it didn't happen here and the general language setting changing didn't help. Locking thread as this has been fixed.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 04:44:39 AM by LeetZero »

Press ^[space]a. The it doesn't combine the two into â.