Author Topic: Lost key - Cannot access email used to buy game  (Read 4281 times)

Years ago, my dad bought Blockland for me.
But in the years since then, He has since changed his email, and we cannot access the old email, so using key recovery is out of the question.
Help would be appreciated.

NOEDIT: Bit I forgot: The key was lost when I bought a new PC - I transferred all of my blockland files over, yet I forgot the parts stored in c:/ - Not an issue, as I redownloaded the game and I still have all of my saves and addons, but, of course, this means my key got lost.

usually there is no real proof, to show that you still own the key so you're out of luck, you can still buy a key for 50% off if you act quickly

Oh, this problem.

Um, make an email that has the same address from the last one.

usually there is no real proof, to show that you still own the key so you're out of luck, you can still buy a key for 50% off if you act quickly
He has a forum account. Isn't that enough proof that he has bought the game once?

I have the same exact problem, actually. I sent an email to Blockland Support hoping that either Badspot or someone else would respond. No luck yet.

It would be pretty neat to be able to log into the game with your forum account, so if you lose your key you're not totally forgeted.

He has a forum account. Isn't that enough proof that he has bought the game once?
I'm pretty sure badspot made a topic about this and how hes tired of everyone losing their keys and doesn't want to deal with this
don't quote me on this I may be wrong

I'm pretty sure badspot made a topic about this and how hes tired of everyone losing their keys and doesn't want to deal with this
don't quote me on this I may be wrong
Yeah you are right.

(Direct link: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=231599.msg6588889#msg6588889)
I have been ignoring "I lost my key and can't access my email account" messages for years now.  I've probably ignored over 1000.  I just can't handle it.  There's no way to identify people accurately without their original email address and it's just not my responsibility to keep track of your magic number for you.  Also a good 5% of them haven't lost their key but are in fact future delinquents trying their first social engineering scam.

So if just getting my key back isn't viable, are there any files that I can transfer from my old PC to my new one to stick into the blockland folder which the game can recognize as my key?

So if just getting my key back isn't viable, are there any files that I can transfer from my old PC to my new one to stick into the blockland folder which the game can recognize as my key?
no

You can try moving the key.dat file over, but I'm not sure if that will work or not.

You could try searching for the key itself, since these are the first 5 letters: AAMLQ, if your ID is 11598

Bumping this as I can't find the sheet of paper that had it, and I seriously want my key back.
Oh, this problem.

Um, make an email that has the same address from the last one.
How the hell would this work?
You can try moving the key.dat file over, but I'm not sure if that will work or not.
This didn't work, sadly.