Author Topic: Ambient occlusion in Blockland (ie. Making anything look all fancy 'n pretty)  (Read 2318 times)

Oh my loving god.
Badspot, if the next update doesn't feature Ambient Occlusion I will kick your dog.
Computing AO in real time would hit performance more than the shadows. The weapon in OP has textures.

Not really.
Take the weapon and go inside a house or something, then turn shaders to max obviously and you will see how the shadow turns everything into one ugly flat color.

Oh my loving god.
Badspot, if the next update doesn't feature Ambient Occlusion I will kick your dog.

TIME PARADOX

I thought the simple solid color thing was our style but ok.
I mean if we are just going to use textures like this on everything I am going to start including specmasking on my weapons.

I thought the simple solid color thing was our style but ok.
I mean if we are just going to use textures like this on everything I am going to start including specmasking on my weapons.
How do specular maps work in Blockland anyway? I tried messing with them for terrain prints but I never got it working correctly. It seems to have something to do with the transparency but it also doesn't seem to follow any logic at all.