Four hours of work everyday during summer vacation?

Author Topic: Four hours of work everyday during summer vacation?  (Read 2482 times)

It's just getting so ridiculous that I wonder what you think -

On top of the simple assignments the school gives us for summer vacation (it's not even a vacation anymore), my dad gives us four hours of work every single day, either useless or very hard work such as math, handwriting, reading assignments, and other things like that. I have to say that I don't see any problems in my handwriting but he still claims it's bad for some reason because he is never satisfied...

I've had this trash schedule for five years and I hope I can stop it somehow - what do you think I should do? Confronting him will never work.

lock him in a closet full of school books

is your dad a teacher

no

lock him in a closet full of school books

I wouldn't think that's serious

Obey your father.

The problem is that I can't.

just refuse to do the work

why not?

Try this : Make someone who has power over you assign you four or more hours of work (relative to your age) everyday during a time that you are supposed to enjoy and see if you can really respect the person that is forcing you to do it

I would do the work, you will come out of it a more intelligent and patient person.  Who says summer time is technically for enjoyment?  It's just a break from regular schooling in parts of the world, your parents can do whatever they want to.

Try this : Make someone who has power over you assign you four or more hours of work (relative to your age) everyday during a time that you are supposed to enjoy and see if you can really respect the person that is forcing you to do it
respect or not you can still do it

already done something similar
i had hours of math and language arts work assigned to me during a trip to the beach once

Turns out my summer is boring and doing work is the only thing I feel like my summer is missing.

Try getting a summer job

i work 50 hours a week

deal w it