Author Topic: How do I remove this stupid search program "Sweetpacks" from Google Chrome?  (Read 593 times)

I went to install Unreal Tournament '99's Demo, but because I'm a dumbass sometimes, I didn't read and just clicked "Yes" and I didn't manage to read it until a milisecond too late and I saw it was one of those bullstuff browsers that nobody uses.

Any ways on how to get rid of it? I don't want to have a tab of "Sweetpacks" every time I open Google Chrome up.

Well, apparently if I have another Google Chrome window open, it doesn't open up the tab. Which is interesting.

Go to the three lines in the upper right corner.

Go to settings.

Change the home page and search engine.

I've done that before and I would have a tab of Yahoo open up every time I opened Chrome.

Just go to settings,  then there will be a button that says "Open a specific page or set of pages," it will then say "Set Pages" to the right.

Hit that button and find the "Sweetpacks" tab and hit the "X" on the right of it so it won't open on start-up.

Go to the three lines in the upper right corner.

Go to settings.

Change the home page and search engine.
That was the first thing I tried when I had that crap Yahoo tab, it didn't work for me it still opened the tab.

-snip-

Thank god your solution worked, otherwise it would killed my computer with viruses.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 09:45:46 PM by lilpappaknox »