Author Topic: Max polygon count for Blockland?  (Read 1218 times)

I have a couple of questions for the .DTS format in Blockland. What is the max polygon limit and max quad count limit? (No triangles as they have bad geometry).

Thanks!

I don't know if there is a limit, although it is not right to give out add-ons with high poly count because they have a large file size which will slow down performance.

Why are you asking anyways?

I don't know if there is a limit, although it is not right to give out add-ons with high poly count because they have a large file size which will slow down performance.

Why are you asking anyways?
I'm about to start trying to make some track peices (similar to ones in Trackmania), I won't do any loops as I think the cars in Blockland would just fall off but I wil have something like a corkscrew (not as intense) and curves. I will be making a lot of quads in the polygons to make them have very smooth curves, this will only be for Blockland so if I end up finishing everything and the quad or polygon count is too high then id end up doing all of that sort of for nothing (besides learning how to use the program, I will be using Maya.)

The visual piece doesn't have to match the collision model. You can make the collision model a little higher poly than the visual.