Author Topic: Stupid parent + stupid computer + stupid phone + stupid tech support guy = no  (Read 555 times)

So one of our two desktop PCs just burned out for no reason. My mom called tech support from home phone line. Has been talking with him for 40 minutes. He is useless, insists that the problem is in a certain cable, despite the fact that replacing all the cables in question has so far yielded zero in the way of results. He is also very obviously foreign and working in an outsourced tech support facility.
Here's the thing: When our home phone is in use, our wifi dies, because our phone system is apparently incompatible and it causes the wifi to refuse all other connections. My mom refuses to take the ten seconds it would take to tell me where the plug-in internet cable is, instead spending twenty seconds chewing me out for interrupting. She also refuses to use her cell phone despite not being charged for this sort of call on it, which would let our wifi work.

I play blockland on my laptop. In fact, I do just about everything on my laptop or my 3ds.

Now I cannot get work done because the file sync between laptop and internet cannot happen.

Therefore, stupid parent + stupid computer + stupid phone + stupid tech support guy = no.

Discuss relevant problems in which a combination of stupidity by many little things has made one big problem.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 09:04:11 PM by King of the Bill »

Therefore, stupid parent + stupid computer + stupid phone + stupid tech support guy = no.
Simple math!

Wow sounds like your in a tight pickle

Update: 45 minutes later we are put on hold while they try to send someone. The phone is going to remain in use. The not-cell phone.

lol phone calls forget up the network's wifi?

i am assuming you are using the ISP's stuffty modem/router boxes.
a man gots to disable the router'ness of it and bridge the now-plain-modem into a normal store bought router.

lol phone calls forget up the network's wifi?

i am assuming you are using the ISP's stuffty modem/router boxes.
a man gots to disable the router'ness of it and bridge the now-plain-modem into a normal store bought router.
I have no idea what it is but it's an issue with the cordless phone.

I have no idea what it is but it's an issue with the cordless phone.
change the wireless channel through the router's configuration page until you use one that the phone doesn't interfere with