Munk's Server Pack - ABUSIVE?

Author Topic: Munk's Server Pack - ABUSIVE?  (Read 4333 times)

I've been trolled on servers plenty of times. That is because of admins abusing the /talkas command

One server:
Admin: /talkas Senior Painis TROLOLOL I stuff ON UR BUILDS
Senior Painis (me): wat
Admin: Stop being handicapped!
Senior Painis (me): im not
Another admin: the hell is going on?
First admin: /talkas Senior Painis I SHAT ON UR BUILD CAUSE I WAS BORED
Senior Painis (me): What the forget whos making me talk?
Admin using talkas: BAN
Other players: BAN HIM PLZ
Other admin: your overreacting

What the forget? And the admin abusing /talkas had an ID of maybe 12k.

Another server, after I discovered MSP:
Host: /talkas Senior Painis Im gey
Some player: So?
Another player: Gtfo
Senior Painis (me): Ugh another noob admin abusing MSP
Host: Whats that
Senior Painis (me): You know what im talking about
Host: no
Some Player: Whats MSP
Host: /talkas Senior Painis Im gayer than forget
Another Player: Can you stop already
Senior Painis (me): STOP

You were banned for -1 minutes. Reason: "TROLL'D"
There were no other admins on this server.

I'm getting sick of this. So whenever I see the Msp news stuff in the chat besides cat123 I leave.
STOP DOING DIS stuff

We all know it has abusive commands. The stuffty hosts use it to toy with players. It's the hosts fault because the host is allowed to turn off the abusive commands.

wow. the only issue here is the ban.

It's so abusive that the creator put a disclaimer in the description about it. Worst mod to ever put in the hands of the young. IMO a completely useless mod

it's the admin's doing, not munk's

you don't believe that all servers with munk's server pack have admins that troll ?

this is why im not getting munk's stuffver pack for my server

You can drama scripts? Wtf

It's the admins fault. I don't see why people above are stuffting on Munks server pack.

Seriously, I don't understand why people are tossing it aside. It's actually quite a nice mod really, but it doesn't have any really server-productive uses.

It's really just for admins to forget around with each other with, and unfortunately it happens to the player too.

You, as the host of your own server, have the ability to make it host only, or super admin only.

If you feel your admins are not to be trusted with such a mod, than make it SA only, or host only. Or de-admin your admins.

If you find such "abuse" happening on servers, which happens all the time unfortunately, than leave, as OP said.

If it's a really popular server, than I would recommend advising another admin, SA or host. It's rather simple.

However, I disagree with the statement that if you find such a thing on a server, you should disconnect. Maybe the server is actually decent, and the mod is just used in the admins free time to be idiots to each other.

If it's on your own server, and you don't want your admins to mess with it, Make it host only.

/end rant.

noedit

TL:DR
it's the admin's doing, not munk's

you don't believe that all servers with munk's server pack have admins that troll ?

This basically.

this is why im not getting munk's stuffver pack for my server
what

what on earth is this quote

i hate this quote and question it's existence

WHY

Odd, accidentally hit post, anyways ...

The pack was originally separate add-ons for Munks server, they were compiled and released into one. You don't have to play on the server that's using it, if a player is abusing it, it's his fault, sure it's abusive but you have to control yourself.

Yeah it's players, not mods
I had given up on trying to make this apparent to people for a while
The mod just gives them the opportunity to do something that they were previously incapable of but would have done if they knew how. In fact, it gives the opportunity to figure out who the idiots are.

what

what on earth is this quote

i hate this quote and question it's existence

WHY
the fact that it's abusable drives me away from it, even though there's a record 2 admins in my server