Author Topic: How To Emulate a X-Box Controller With a Ps3 Controller [PC] [Repost]  (Read 1070 times)

Ok, so this is rather basic but i thought i'd share with you guys since we all can't just have controllers for our computer.

First you'll need MotionJoy.

This is the main program we'll be using for emulating an x-box controller so you can play all your favorite games from the comfort of your ps3 controller.

INSTALLING AND STARTING THE CONTROLLER.

Ok, first go to the website and get the program. Also, grab your favorite ps3 controller and the charging cord, or a longer one if you want.

Once installed you will get this tool. Double click it.

Now you will be greeted with the slightly crowded Profiles Page, these guys get money from advertising. This will not slow down your connection when the program is in the windows tray. If you want you can use the local connection button located at the top of the interface.

Next we'll go to options to make this program less of a pain in the ass.

In the options menu, uncheck autorun and check the "Place in system tray" box. Then click save.

At this time you should go back to the Profiles menu and plug in your controller to your fastest usb port. Windows will try to install the driver software and fail. Just ignore it and go to the driver manager.

First, you should click the "install all" button. This will take a minute and the program might lag a little, but it should install the software for the controller. Next, you check the controller's box and load the drivers. YOU ONLY NEED TO DO THIS ONCE. Finally, head back to your profile.

* The boxed area should now say that, mine already did since i already had it installed. So then you click the Xinput bubble so your controller emulates an x-box controller. Then you can customize the lights you would like on. Next up is the final test to see if you did this right. Click vibration testing, if your controller vibrates it is now properly working and you can finally click the Enable button. This is the only step you will need to do to start your controller every time you would like to use it.

Enjoy your new gaming controller set-up. This is completely harmless to your controller and is very easy to use.

REMOVING CONTROLLER AND CLOSING PROGRAM
First click Disconnect. Then remove the UBS ps3 controller from your computer's usb ports.

Then exit out of the program from the tray. Never disconnect a controller to use it on the same instance of the program later.

I'd like to state some things that might happen if you do not use MotionJoy properly.

When done with your controller, go to your tray and open the program. Click the disconnect button and remove your controller. It's now safely removed and you have to close the program before your next use. If this is not done, the last Ps3 that the controller was connected to will turn on or the controller will instantly connect to it. Also if you do not exit MotionJoy and you try to put in your controller again with the same instance of the program, there is a very high likely hood of your computer blue-screening. It's the worst error in the program and this is why i am warning you now. This error is being fixed slowly but surely.

Only one controller at a time, unless i'm forgetting something you can only use one controller at a time. If you try to do otherwise it will not work.

DO NOT PLUG IN TWO CONTROLLERS, IT HAS BAD SIDE EFFECTS.

If you have any problems, i'll be glad to help you.

DO NOT PLUG IN TWO CONTROLLERS, IT HAS BAD SIDE EFFECTS.
It always worked perfectly for me

I always use this.

Works perfectly. The past week or so I re-played SA2B in Dolphin using this for control. Vibration worked too, which was surprising.

The driver can be a bit tricky to get working sometimes, though. Also, it doesn't appear to function properly without internet. (just the enabling part, if your internet disconnects afterwards it's fine)

TBH, this wasn't really needed, but whatever. I use this and it works great.

It always worked perfectly for me
They fixed it recently. I'll have to test it.

I followed the instructions correctly now my mouse and track pad stopped working, had to boot my computer in safe mode. EDIT: Restoring my PC to before I tried to do this, also I accidentally had my controller hooked up during the process.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 01:38:28 AM by Lesrock »

I followed the instructions correctly now my mouse and track pad stopped working, had to boot my computer in safe mode. EDIT: Restoring my PC to before I tried to do this, also I accidentally had my controller hooked up during the process.
this used to happen to me too, but mine works fine now.