Author Topic: Fourth Of July Refugee Topic  (Read 1508 times)

This topic is a general purpose thread for people who do not particularly like the fourth of july or certain aspects of it. I personally can not stand fireworks; I live in the city and there is almost always at least one loud firework being detonated in the sky at any given time during the fourth. As I typed this, I heard at least 5 separate explosions.

Anyway, discuss certain aspects (if not all aspects of) that you don't like about the fourth of july. Excuse the rather odd topic title, but it seemed fitting enough. Suggestions are welcome for a new title. (I think I remember how to do that.)

I am prepping for the beach and cannot partake in celebratory acts.

usually im annoyed by people who are all "america forget yeah am i annoying you yeah well i bet youre not american AMERCIAadica" but i realize usa is kind of stuff atm so we should let them have their fun

I can't stand how the independence of my country was declared

This made me realize how much it must suck to be blind today tonight

its pretty bad for the environment and really hard to sleep

but I hosted a 4th of july party ;3

Not going to the fourth of july thing. I hopped a fence on Mullholland Drive to view the fireworks over the Hollywood Bowl but a) it was a stuff view since it was before the sun fully set and the cops came by and said "this parks closed gtfo" and we had to leave, but I can hear them pretty well. I'm going to the beach in Santa Barbara on wednesday anyways so we're conserving party fuel.

I can't stand how the independence of my country was declared
I hold no resentment for the actual sentiment behind the celebration. Like I said, there are just certain aspects of it I do not prefer. Like the fireworks.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 01:17:40 AM by suburb »

-snip-
This is the refugee topic, take your works of flame somewhere besides here.

I, as a European, can't stand the internet going batstuff insane murica every year.

I, as a European, can't stand the internet going batstuff insane murica every year.
In the end anyone who is white is of European descent. Tell your colonists to come back home and to give us our land back.

In the end anyone who is white is of European descent. Tell your colonists to come back home and to give us our land back.
Your signature is stupid, Something being holy land should be an apt reason to remove something.

stuff

i forgot my family missed that firework event at rider
stuff