Author Topic: The Thing  (Read 6195 times)

no

nononononn
n
non
o
everyone votekick charles as soon as he joins!
 :cookieMonster:

Ho shet, this looks fun.

Flashlight pls.

This'll be scary as all hell for people with dynamic lighting.

I LIKE IT!

Ah, this is one of my favorite movies (the 80s one).

I have always liked the concept of the movie. Almost every scary movie nowadays relies on jump scares or just super creepy things. This movie was scary because you didn't know who was 'the thing' and who was human. You never knew what would happen next because you never knew who 'the thing' was.

Hopefully you can capture this same feeling, a feeling of paranoia, from the gameplay and build. I love games where I am nervous almost the entire time.

Also, I'd love to help with this. I have always wanted to make something based on this movie. I am up for helping with the build or maybe even administrating when it's hosted.

Ah, this is one of my favorite movies (the 80s one).

I have always liked the concept of the movie. Almost every scary movie nowadays relies on jump scares or just super creepy things. This movie was scary because you didn't know who was 'the thing' and who was human. You never knew what would happen next because you never knew who 'the thing' was.

Hopefully you can capture this same feeling, a feeling of paranoia, from the gameplay and build. I love games where I am nervous almost the entire time.

Also, I'd love to help with this. I have always wanted to make something based on this movie. I am up for helping with the build or maybe even administrating when it's hosted.
Thank you for the feedback. We desperately need builders. I don't know how much Munk has worked on The Thing since he got back Saturday but my cpu fan fried and I'm waiting for a new one to come in the mail. If you'd like to help just pm me.

I could help with sound effects. (obviously i'm going to ask that.)

Anyhow, this better actually stay up for a long time. That server was fun but barely stayed up.

I could help with sound effects. (obviously i'm going to ask that.)

Anyhow, this better actually stay up for a long time. That server was fun but barely stayed up.
Well we need plenty of sounds. Flash light sounds. Sounds for morphing, dying, molting. Sounds for the thing,
breathing sounds, heart beat sounds, the thing breathing sounds, screaming sounds all kinds of stuff.

ya

you are

to the existence of jokes, references, and other various puns
Blockland version of it. I'm totally giving you the stink eye right now IRL, why you always critisizing me?
But yeah, I also wanted to say it was completely well made and edited (The pictuar.). 10/10 for the editing and picture.

Do you need any eventing done? I can do VCE

Oh my god!! I remember that model from that Monster AI topic... I remember checking on it every day even though it was dead hoping it would have the finished version released

It'll stalk you...
In your sleep...
In the toilet...
While you're playing blockland... (watch out this game is stupid)

Trust me on this, he WILL stalk you.

Bloopers:

holy loving stuff hydralisk needs the fix the damn ai for this thing it's making bots go absolutely NUTS, horses are trying to kill me!

bot going haywire outside of a minigame
(bots like bot karts and horses do this as well)

Ontopic: I want to join soo much
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 11:56:39 PM by WhatTheEff._. »

ok i am officially impressed, that almost never happens.

Can it eat zombies?
Zombies vs Aliens

It'll stalk you...
In the toilet...

Get out of the toilet
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 04:50:20 AM by BreadFish »