TITANIC (Latest update pg. 38. Current as of 13 Mar 15)

Author Topic: TITANIC (Latest update pg. 38. Current as of 13 Mar 15)  (Read 80400 times)

Current State:

Obviously, read the F.A.Q. If it's covered in the F.A.Q. and you still ask it, that's breaking a rule.

Do not ask to help.

Do not ask for admin.

Do not leave bricks on the server. Clean up after yourself.

Don't clutter my chat. We use it for work. If we miss something important because you're filling with with nonsense, you're gone.

Do not comment on how "laggy" it is. I don't care if it's server lag, brick lag, shader lag, or anything else. We don't care.

Is it done?
No. No it is not done.

When will it be done?
Actuarial tables and conservative estimates based on our building speed put completion at some time around mid 2016. Or, alternativly, when it's finished.

How long did it take?
4 days, no sleep, no food.

How long did it really take?
The build initially started around 2008 and has been built and rebuilt numerous times, there's no easy way to say just how long it has taken exactly but we've been hard at work and seen some real progress in the last few weeks.

Can I help?
Probably not. Unless you have exceptional knowledge of the Titanic itself or outstanding building skills we probably don't need you. Do not spout out suggestions or ways to help. Do not ask to help.

"I know a lot about the Titanic!"
RMS Gigantic can be the judge of that.

"I can build really well!"
Bones4 will be the judge of that.

Is this an RP?
Not right now it's not, and please don't try to RP, it's very distracting and the ship isn't close enough to completion for RP.

Will this be an RP?
We're not quite sure yet. It may be, it might not be, we need to finish first.

Is this a TDM/DM/Shooty-gun-fun/spunkgarggleweewee?
No and it won't be.

"Lol, I'm gonna build an iceberg in front of the ship!"
Please don't, we have an iceberg already and it's perfectly fine.

Can I get the doors you guys use?
Nope, sorry.

Can I get the other custom models you guys have?
Again, no. Their release is dependent on Demian. He decides. Not us.

"You guys didn't do [Insert thing here]!"
That's be cause it likely wasn't part of the actual Titanic or, more likely, we haven't gotten around to it yet.

"Does it sink?"
No. It doesn't sink.

Can you add water?
We can.

Will you add water?
We will.

When?
Whenever we feel like it.

I'm lagging!
I'd imagine you were, the build is approximately 152,687 bricks as of 10:47 PM CT on Frbruary 23rd 2015. All of which are packed into relatively small space.

"I bet if I get the admins trust that means I can help build!"
Nope, it means you'll get kicked or banned depending on how hard you tried.

Random Screenshots

« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 01:25:10 AM by Bones4 »

I remember all the work RMS and I did to put the bridge in the blockoworld 2012 entrance hall before we ended up giving munkey control lol

wow, Great work... I would never be able to apply myself to finish that.

How much do you still have to do? The exterior looks maybe 80% to me

How much do you still have to do? The exterior looks maybe 80% to me
Interiors are barely even started. To say we have 80% to go would be a generous estimate! So far, the only room that it would be safe to call "complete" would be the starboard side private promenade; the swimming pool and third class general room will need to get a major overhaul for accuracy and brick efficiency.

So as for how much we need to do, chalk up "99% of the interior"

I feel like it can be safely said that the exterior is almost done, though: we just need to install the two leadsman's platforms, finish the inside of the fourth funnel, add in some new windows that were modeled by Demian (the same user who gave us those custom wheels and telegraphs in the bridge -- his work is excellent AND fast!), install two more navigation lights and finish one, fill in some gaps in the after side of the aft well deck, install quite a few light fixtures, and finish the hull (somehow).
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 03:26:58 PM by RMS Gigantic »

Amazing!
FINISH IT ALREADY SO WE CAN PARTY!!!!   :cookieMonster:

Nicely done so far guys, I remember a long long time ago when I first seen it, and it was somewhat recognizable, lol. Best of luck to you guys!

Amazing!
FINISH IT ALREADY SO WE CAN PARTY!!!!   :cookieMonster:
By party you mean sink in the Arctic Ocean right?

By party you mean sink in the Arctic Ocean right?
Titanic sank in the North Atlantic Ocean.

Beautiful. Absolutely stunning.

The incomplete hull makes it look like it's in construction on an actual dock

Really nice outside.
But the rooms seem really cramped..

Really nice outside.
But the rooms seem really cramped..
thats probably how it was.
it would have sucked to be on it...

thats probably how it was.
it would have sucked to be on it...
Titanic was the grandest thing to be on, far grander than any ship we have today. That might be saying a lot, but she was the most beautiful vessel man had created, all hand made, hand crafted masterpiece. I would give anything to be on the Titanic, if her fate wasn't so ill.