Author Topic: TITANIC (Latest update pg. 38. Current as of 13 Mar 15)  (Read 80394 times)

Time for RMS to do what RMS does best: nitpick Titanic-related media to hell and back! (Well, that and carry mail under contract of Royal Mail, but I am unfortunately not actually a ship.)

1) That iceberg doesn't look like it weighs 300,000 tons to me. Hell, if the Titanic iceberg was that tiny (not even reaching the forecastle), Titanic would have probably simply pushed it aside with one compartment breached at the very most.
2) Icebergs continually roll over anyway. If a toppling iceberg was such a problem, the penguins would have fallen off days ago. In fact, the iceberg that sank Titanic had most likely rolled over recently before striking the ship, causing it to be virtually transparent by the time it came time for Titanic's lookouts to search for it.
3) Because of the last sentence of 2), the iceberg should not be white. Again, it should be virtually transparent.
4) Also because of 2), and related iceberg physics, it should be deeper in the water than it is long. In fact, 90% of its mass should be underwater. While that doesn't allow for the "sinking" panel to look too convincing (icebergs don't sink anyway, they simply melt), it would solve the weight issue mentioned in 1), and thus the loop closes.

Joke

RMS's head
I got that it's a joke, but I specialize in being a buzzkill.

RMS = ruins more jokes

I'm kidding though, you're an awesome person RMS

Nah you're pretty damn smart, I give you respect, lol.

We know and that's why we keep you around. There needs to be some grounding.

Now I know why this build is taking so much time
What I'm thinking.

This cool boat you got ther partner

I like the catwalks and sofas

Badspot

• Administrator
I'm bumping this because Bones4 said he was going to update it.  If he doesn't blame him, not me.