Author Topic: TITANIC (Latest update pg. 38. Current as of 13 Mar 15)  (Read 80340 times)

I redesigned the lifeboats with design influence from Demian.

boat4lyfe

I would be far more impressed if someone managed to create a program to replicate the Titanic with Blockland bricks.

That's actually not too hard. You'd be more impressed if someone let a program do all the work than if they spend years making it by hand? Bro... :/

That's actually not too hard. You'd be more impressed if someone let a program do all the work than if they spend years making it by hand? Bro... :/
I didn't mean that your work isn't impressive. It is. I just can't think of how someone would go about programming something to measure lengths in the photos and to create a near perfect 3D replicate of the ship based on those measurements and then convert that into Blockland bricks. I think it takes human creativity find the perfect way to represent the things in the photos with Blockland bricks.

Ah, I thought you meant pretty much converting a 3D model to voxels or something.

I re-positioned all lifeboats (now historically accurate), added railing, added hardware, and re-designed the davits. It's the small details that make it for me.

I re-positioned all lifeboats (now historically accurate), added railing, added hardware, and re-designed the davits. It's the small details that make it for me.
Yea, that definitely looks a lot better

I agree, coming along nicely, slowly but nicely, Lol.

I'm a busy guy :P

Hey, I'm happy that you're not doing something like this 24/7. lol.

By far the most complex project Blockland ever had. And that means a lot coming from me that hang around with this dude named Sylvanor that make brick limit reaching creations 4 life. Not speaking of my buddy King Leo that has transfered multiple real life creations into Blockland with outstanding accuracy. This build can have my babies.

Quite a marvel she is. I look forward to seeing her completion one of these days. C:

what number is she?
glad to see you back, building! somehow your titanic servers attract players of all tastes and ranges, from noobs to pros and the like.
i guess its just the sheer size and impressiveness that an extremely accurate (by practically everyone else's standards) titanic build has on players.

this looks amazing with the shadows n stuff

« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 01:11:52 PM by Decepticon »