Author Topic: A funny thread about Blockland reaching 5K users from 2008  (Read 1120 times)

Hilarious to see what horrors and predictions everyone thought of should the game ever hit 20K sales.

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=33357.0

By Maxwell's math anyone who isn't a 10k ID or below is considered a "noob" nowadays.

How many of them have alts? Its just like, what if you send them a PM so it'd email them, and told them about the new blockland?
A lot of them stopped playing in like, 09.

It's funny how back then it was a big deal to have 5,000 IDs.
Sometime someone in 2016 will read this and think,
"It's funny how back then it was a big deal to have 50,000 IDs. Now we have 500,000."

I cannot imagine Blockland with 20k players. The horror of scrolling through 200 servers is unimaginable.
Don't we usually have 120 - 200 servers now?

I always liked knowing that my original ID was 1297.

I remember feeling "special" because I was part of a small community for a great game.
Took me awhile to realize that the game would only get better with more people playing it.

I've seen some great add-on authors since, and I can't wait till blockland gets on steam.

nigs quickly make a thread saying the horrors of 80Ks in BL so we can look back at this some day.

nigs quickly make a thread saying the horrors of 80Ks in BL so we can look back at this some day.
it'll be a little too soon for that.

Don't we usually have 120 - 200 servers now?
yeah, but half of them are usually empty so it doesn't really matter.

When we hit 4k users I remember being on a 4k party server. It was a big deal to players because it actually took quite a few months to get from 3k to 4k.

I love Bisjac's post on page 2 lol, then Badspot's on page 3. Great stuff.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 08:00:20 AM by SailorMan »

eruuuguh i forgot i made those jokes

no wonder ace stopped being my friend. i wouldn't be able to stand me saying that either.