Poll

How often do you play Warframe per week?

1 Hour
10 (20.8%)
1-3 Hours
3 (6.3%)
3-6 Hours
3 (6.3%)
6-12 Hours
7 (14.6%)
Daily
25 (52.1%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Author Topic: Warframe Megathread - Update 16 is out!  (Read 131620 times)

Hugbox still better than someones personal stuffting pot.

Considering DE markets themselves as one of the big boys in the gaming industry,

They dont?

I expect pitch shots to not have reference poses in them. Nowhere did he say that progress shots need to be the final product, they, however, should not have two enemies standing in a loving reference pose because that's just sloppy.

I never said it was a shot they used for pitching, I said it was when they were pitching. Aka development. Aka not everything is done. That Excalibur model was mostly the asset used from Dark Sector, which is why it seems its the only thing complete.

Here's Qwepir: "UGH, THAT MODEL ISNT POLISHED, IT STILL HAS WIREFRAME. THEY SHOULD BE DONE WITH THAT stuff IF THEY'RE GONNA POST IT."

Edit: forget didnt mean to double post.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 09:25:40 PM by ShadowsfeaR »

I was sooooooo happy when I got nekros.

Been playing mag for a while.
I've got a friend who's pretty much unlocked everything.
Not even joking, his rhino's nearly immortal, he turned his Ash into a damn tank, dude went all out when he played.

Been playing mag for a while.
I've got a friend who's pretty much unlocked everything.
Not even joking, his rhino's nearly immortal, he turned his Ash into a damn tank, dude went all out when he played.

My gosh. I played in a party of rhinos with the stalker pack. I took no damage nor did I deal any.

My gosh. I played in a party of rhinos with the stalker pack. I took no damage nor did I deal any.
Forgot to mention he maxed out Ash's Bladestorm, 2500 damage.
Rhino's shields are around 1200 or so and he's got 600(?) health?

It took me no time at all to hit 1 mil creds. Just do a lot of Voids lol. And maxing out frame abilities is easy. If you do a few Xini runs, you can get the cores needed to fuse their ranks to max, and it doesn't even take that much.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 09:37:33 PM by ShadowsfeaR »

lol you guys have a lot of hateful things do say about a game you guys play so much. Jesus Christ the game has only been in development for a year and a half, whereas TF2 came out after years of development and they most of the concepts down. Write me an essay again and I'll grade it
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 09:39:49 PM by Choi »

Also I was wrong about that screen shot, I just re watched the part where they showed the screen. It wasn't when they pitched it. It was the first image ever that they showed to the public of WF. They said it was them "working on the idea" and they "didn't have enough people or the resources to do an actual cinematic" (directly from the stream). So yeah, early early as forget development. And I thought it was a pitch because the next screen they showed was a picture of an internal pitch.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 09:47:51 PM by ShadowsfeaR »

Here's Qwepir: "UGH, THAT MODEL ISNT POLISHED, IT STILL HAS WIREFRAME. THEY SHOULD BE DONE WITH THAT stuff IF THEY'RE GONNA POST IT."
There's a pretty big difference between having an unfinished model and having a completely finished model and animation skeleton and neglecting to put the two together. The models in that image are done. The animation skeletons are present. DE just neglected to put two and two together and left two reference poses in the background because they're lazy. Nice try putting words in my mouth, but it's all to clear you've got nothing to fall back on aside from strawmen.

Jesus Christ the game has only been in development for a year and a half, whereas TF2 came out after years of development and they most of the concepts down. Write me an essay again and I'll grade it
Oh of course, how could I have been so foolish and stupid? Everybody knows that development time translates directly to quality of product, that's why Duke Nukem Forever and Too Human were such great and memorable games!

lol you guys have a lot of hateful things do say about a game you guys play so much. Jesus Christ the game has only been in development for a year and a half, whereas TF2 came out after years of development and they most of the concepts down. Write me an essay again and I'll grade it
err, except tf2 development was composed of various concepts that were discarded over and over, the game as it is now was unveiled in 2006 and it came out in late 2007

also because more years of development obviously means the game will be better

hey guys remember duke nukem forever

You're telling us that DE is lazy and terrible, okay then what now, you'll tell us that the game is terrible and we should stop playing?

There's a pretty big difference between having an unfinished model and having a completely finished model and animation skeleton and neglecting to put the two together. The models in that image are done. The animation skeletons are present. DE just neglected to put two and two together and left two reference poses in the background because they're lazy. Nice try putting words in my mouth, but it's all to clear you've got nothing to fall back on aside from strawmen.

Also I was wrong about that screen shot, I just re watched the part where they showed the screen. It wasn't when they pitched it. It was the first image ever that they showed to the public of WF. They said it was them "working on the idea" and they "didn't have enough people or the resources to do an actual cinematic" (directly from the stream).

They said it was a quick render too. Its like "Hey guys check out this game we're working on, here's a quick screen of progress!"

>Progress
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 10:05:14 PM by ShadowsfeaR »

See now the issue here is that in this year and a half there have been many problems in the game which are still not fixed. For example, weapon balance, which is still stuff. Wallrunning launching you at the speed of light, which has been around for months. Blocking not doing anything, which would be easy enough to fix but instead was dropped into mods, which is not okay. The RNG being stuff with giving you mods which you need to survive in higher levels. I remember seeing a guy say he literally did not get Serration until about 200 hours into the game. 200. I say a lot of hateful things about this game because I don't want to see it sink.

I'm doubting most of the people at DE know what they're loving doing with this game at this point.

Hugbox still better than someones personal stuffting pot.

But it's (allegedly) in beta. Taking criticism is what you are supposed to do in beta, not loving shut dissenters in a box and keep getting your richard sucked. People are constantly complaining about the missions being samey, the guns being inbalanced, and an oversaturation of melee weapons which are basically all the same time. Hugboxes where the only thing allowed is positive feedback is not good. If you want your richard sucked, earn it.

See now the issue here is that in this year and a half there have been many problems in the game which are still not fixed. For example, weapon balance, which is still stuff. Wallrunning launching you at the speed of light, which has been around for months. Blocking not doing anything, which would be easy enough to fix but instead was dropped into mods, which is not okay. The RNG being stuff with giving you mods which you need to survive in higher levels. I remember seeing a guy say he literally did not get Serration until about 200 hours into the game. 200. I say a lot of hateful things about this game because I don't want to see it sink.

I'm doubting most of the people at DE know what they're loving doing with this game at this point.

But it's (allegedly) in beta. Taking criticism is what you are supposed to do in beta, not loving shut dissenters in a box and keep getting your richard sucked. People are constantly complaining about the missions being samey, the guns being inbalanced, and an oversaturation of melee weapons which are basically all the same time. Hugboxes where the only thing allowed is positive feedback is not good. If you want your richard sucked, earn it.

The game has a heavy RPG element. Weapons are supposed to get better as you progress, not balance. Its a highly and predominantly PvE game, not PvP. Although there are weapons that should be higher level/harder to attain. The Soma got kicked up to Mastery 6. The Braton Prime took me at least a week to attain. But the mods? C'mon, it hardly took me any time because I knew what I was doing. The wiki is there for a reason.