Author Topic: JURORS FIND ZIMMERMAN NOT GUILTY  (Read 26394 times)

Lol @ people threatening Zimmerman. What will they do, kill him? Yea see where that gets them

>another guy named Men's Wearhouse Spokesman kills Men's Wearhouse Spokesman

Did you ever take AP History?
...Not yet?

Am I supposed to know these terms because people use them as an insult?

...Not yet?

you should know them

I've taken US history II and we went over social Darwinism

"Liberals are taught to hate successful people and to have everything handed to them."

Don't Bisjac, I will stand with you.
Be an ignoramus why don't you? Is generalizing an entire demographic necessary? Are you so caught up with anger and discontent for the left wing, that you believe that millions upon millions of people are hateful? It's a sad thing that so many people are blinded like sheep by lies and hate that you must hate like them too. Go on, be a part of the herd.

Lol @ people threatening Zimmerman. What will they do, kill him? Yea see where that gets them
"Lets kill the guy who isn't afraid to shoot!"

...Not yet?

You will learn about it in AP Euro. Social Darwinist apply Charles Darwin's theories to politics and social life. Stuff like survival of the fittest, which formed the basis of eugenics and imperialism.

when you guys refer to bad neighborhoods and being raised there. you are referring to not having money lol.
no one thinks just stuffty parents live in the ghetto, that dosnt make any bit of sense.

you blame the woes of black people on money. which is a non issue really
What? I didnt refer to bad neighborhoods either - I have been focusing purely on family, and no you're right there are plenty of good parents in ghettos.

This whole case was full of ridiculous stuff like that. Zimmerman was often referred to as a white man and the only pictures I saw of Trayvon were of him when he was around the ages of 12-14, shorter, and riding a horse.

http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=6804350
The problem with this community is that very few people can respectfully disagree and form a rebuttal or counterargument. I believe the majority of the community to not be mature enough to grasp these concepts, and that's why we can't have a nice debate here.

you learn social Darwinism in 9th grade history

you should know them

I've taken US history II and we went over social Darwinism
We don't all take the same classes.
you learn social Darwinism in 9th grade history
^

and i never started the money relation. i dont one bit blame the success or failures of people on starting with(out) money, or being able to earn it.
YOU guys think its all about money that creates personality and moral values within a person.

thats even more misguided and disgusting then my racism.

because if its true what you guys believe. that all poor people are stuffty criminals just because they are poor. then i guess black people wasnt enough. i need to really start hating anyone who makes less then 30k a year. right?

So what I'm getting out of this is...

Bisjac's argument is that no matter how hard you had it earlier in your life, you can get out of those situations and do something with your life. (Which is true)

Pixel/the other's argument is that the way you're raised has a prolonged effect on how you do things/see life. (Which is also true.)

Bisjac is thinking down the road when the kids turn into teenagers and get jobs/go to college, while Pixel/the others are looking towards infant-young childhood years.

It is true that you can make someone out of yourself no matter how hard you have it in life, but it's also true that how your parents raised you leaves scars.
It is true that some people have more opportunities than others, but you can still do something positive with your life, whether it's teaching a couple of kids how to do math better or finding the cure for a type of cancer.

What I don't agree with however is the idea that just because you were raised stuffty and may have had the wrong friends/done the wrong things that that means you can't look at yourself and say that what you did was wrong.
People know what is right and what is wrong after a certain age.
You may be able to look over a 10 year old acting horribly, but in your 20's, there really isn't an excuse, ESPECIALLY if you went to elementary/middle/high school.

^This is Bisjac's argument.^

The problem with this community is that very few people can respectfully disagree and form a rebuttal or counterargument. I believe the majority of the community to not be mature enough to grasp these concepts, and that's why we can't have a nice debate here.
This has been an extremely tame debate, I think youre letting your expectations fog up reality.

What I don't agree with however is the idea that just because you were raised stuffty and may have had the wrong friends/done the wrong things that that means you can't look at yourself and say that what you did was wrong.
People know what is right and what is wrong after a certain age.
You may be able to look over a 10 year old acting horribly, but in your 20's, there really isn't an excuse, ESPECIALLY if you went to elementary/middle/high school.
Explain to me what defines what wrong is? Wrong is only what your peers and family look down upon, or what you yourself feel is morally wrong (Your morals are also molded by your peers and family, as well as figures through literature and the arts and such. Bascially any opinion you are exposed to). So to say that by age 20 everyone knows wrong from right is actually a true statement. I'd say even earlier - Maybe by age 6 you know wrong from right. The area were  having an issue with is what exactly that person feels is wrong. If all of my friends think its cool to be in a gang, and my parents arent around enough to tell me otherwise (Assuming they think otherwise), am I going to think its wrong to join a gang? Why would I?

Now before someone jumps the gun and starts attacking me for saying all poor people are in gangs, that's not what Im saying, it was merely an example.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 11:24:49 PM by Pixel »

THIS oh my god
It's like they spew garbage and they have nothing to back it up! It's brainless people like them that are going to run this country into the ground

THIS oh my god
It's like they spew garbage and they have nothing to back it up! It's brainless people like them that are going to run this country into the ground
Lol is it bad that I put you into that category. To me it would be people like you who would run this country in the ground.

No matter. History will be written by the victor.