Poll

What is your favorite Grand Theft Auto game?

GTA 1
17 (2.5%)
GTA 2
4 (0.6%)
GTA III
12 (1.8%)
GTA VC
23 (3.4%)
GTA SA
133 (19.4%)
GTA LCS
4 (0.6%)
GTA VCS
1 (0.1%)
GTA IV
69 (10.1%)
GTA TBOGT
6 (0.9%)
GTA TLAD
1 (0.1%)
GTA CW
6 (0.9%)
GTA V
409 (59.7%)

Total Members Voted: 682

Author Topic: Grand Theft Auto Megathread - OP 3.0  (Read 605702 times)

I swear to god if Rockstar doesn't release the heist update this morning like they promised, I'm gonna give up all hope.

They're releasing it the next update. That doesn't mean the bugfixing patch, that means the next update.

unrelated:

the black dude in the back cracks me up every time (not next gen, just an old screen)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 11:00:43 AM by Strovbe »

CARRY ON MY WAYWARD SOOONNNN

THERE'LL BE PEACE WHEN YOU ARE DONE

Did you purposely mod the game or did you accidentally receive the money?

Did you purposely mod the game or did you accidentally receive the money?
this isn't me. should clarify that it's someone who transferred from old-gen to next gen.

this isn't me. should clarify that it's someone who transferred from old-gen to next gen.
Why would someone put that on the internet in the first place? Just roll in the cash for the rest of eternity, lol. Nobody will ever know.

well, after the last update, either i've just been extremely lucky or there's more police patrolling around areas

around the oceanside i was trying to steal a car, and at that same moment a police cruiser (not in a pursuit or anything) pulled up around the corner right as i got into the car

then, i saw another cruiser driving through the tunnel by the hospital

yeah like really, the only source of real travel is stealing cars

and you get punished for that

i mean like wtf!!

yeah like really, the only source of real travel is stealing cars

and you get punished for that

i mean like wtf!!
that's not what i meant

what i meant was that the police is actually doing something rather than just sitting around at a police station, being in a random pursuit or pursuing you

Why would someone put that on the internet in the first place? Just roll in the cash for the rest of eternity, lol. Nobody will ever know.
It's actually really boring when you have ridiculous amounts of money cheated on the game.

That was a problem earlier this year where there were several exploits to get those obscene amounts of money, and then you could easily transfer them to another player by putting stupid bounties on each other, so another player would get it when they claim the bounty.

For me it meant you kind of lose your motivation for playing.
Like, if you have essentially infinte money you can buy anything you want.
So you'll never need to do jobs or play games to earn money in order to customise a car, or get some clothes, or buy a house/vehicle.
And if you never bother to do the jobs, then you never really gain experience, so you don't level up so you don't unlock things.
Just makes the game really stale. It's was a really annoying problem.

i enjoy the game even with loads of money. I like to see what players are doing, and generally half the time it ends up as a massive war somewhere near a los santos customs.

Next-gen GTA is a god damn class act. Just about everything stuffty about last-gen has been fixed. Mad props to R* for pillaging my wallet and making me not hate them.

that's not what i meant

what i meant was that the police is actually doing something rather than just sitting around at a police station, being in a random pursuit or pursuing you
my biggest problem with gta has been that the cops are something that continuously spawn, rather than being on prepurposed routes, patrols, and stationings, or at least continually in existence so that they don't magically appear in front of you. i know it's silly to think they have the hardware to perpetually track stuff like that in real-time and have it dynamically adjust according to player activity, hell, even ambient city activity like those random muggings and stuff you'd see in IV. except it's probably not silly and they've just not decided to put the effort into making good backend systems, instead just throwing more cops at the player as they go faster across the map, making any semblance of a planned getaway useless.

[img width=900http://i.imgur.com/m8XNPPc.jpg[/img]

someone browses reddit