Grand Theft Auto Megathread - OP 3.0

Poll

What is your favorite Grand Theft Auto game?

GTA 1
17 (2.5%)
GTA 2
4 (0.6%)
GTA III
12 (1.8%)
GTA VC
23 (3.4%)
GTA SA
133 (19.4%)
GTA LCS
4 (0.6%)
GTA VCS
1 (0.1%)
GTA IV
69 (10.1%)
GTA TBOGT
6 (0.9%)
GTA TLAD
1 (0.1%)
GTA CW
6 (0.9%)
GTA V
409 (59.7%)

Total Members Voted: 682

Author Topic: Grand Theft Auto Megathread - OP 3.0  (Read 599510 times)

Only took the cunts a loving lifetime, jesus.

inb4 my GTX 980 runs it at 20FPS

GTA Online down for PS4, they are probably patching the 250k money glitch for challenges (again).

Was actually going to do it since I was short on money :(

There is nothing I hate more than people guessing how a game will run based on how a game released in 2008 did.

There is nothing I hate more than people guessing how a game will run based on how a game released in 2008 did.
Well, how the forget are we supposed to know? People are guessing in the same way you guess what your Christmas presents are, or you guess who you think will win in a race.

Previous instalments and other games give a good indication into how this new title may have been developed. We can absolutely say without a shadow of a doubt that Rockstar don't understand how to properly LoD their world map, and so we can already guess this title is going to be massively unoptimised.

I'll eat my worlds only if this game doesn't cost $120 and is actually decent.

Also, people keep saying "It's naught a pourt!" I believe they're actually suffering from dementia. If Build Logs are to be believed, this has been in development as long as the console versions. This is just getting the tweaks from the XOne/PS4 ports.

max payne 3 came out in 2012. gta v in 2013. they both run the exact same engine
edumacated guess

People are guessing in the same way you guess what your Christmas presents are,
What idiot guesses what your gifts are based on the ones you got last year?

Previous instalments and other games give a good indication into how this new title may have been developed. We can absolutely say without a shadow of a doubt that Rockstar don't understand how to properly LoD their world map, and so we can already guess this title is going to be massively unoptimised.
There have been only two games made with the rage engine to make it to PC so far, the bad one: GTA 4, Rockstar's first on the engine, and Max Payne 3 which of course was a solid port. With the same team that worked on Max Payne for PC porting GTA 5 to PC you should expect it to be not half bad.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 04:32:13 PM by Rainzx¹ »

Got my third crate today.

What idiot guesses what your gifts are based on the ones you got last year?
If you're really loving bored, you could probably see how much they were willing to spend on you, work out what their current budget is like, and also figure out what they know about what you like (for example, if they got you the games you wanted or not etc).

There have been only two games made with the rage engine to make it to PC so far, the bad one: GTA 4, Rockstar's first on the engine, and Max Payne 3 which of course was a solid port. With the same team that worked on Max Payne for PC porting GTA 5 to PC you should expect it to be not half bad.
Max Payne was linear, but people I've talked to who extract files have noted that they seem to have the same LoD problems as GTA IV. In an Open-World game, that means death since the player can move quickly through each level chunk and the devs have no way of knowing exactly where they're going.

Max Payne was linear, but people I've talked to who extract files have noted that they seem to have the same LoD problems as GTA IV. In an Open-World game, that means death since the player can move quickly through each level chunk and the devs have no way of knowing exactly where they're going.
[Citation Needed]

god my 360 version has been loving up since the day i got it and it finally doesn't work at all. and by that, i mean i can play it fine for 5 minutes before it black screens on me.

The only reason gta v has so many votes as favorite is because most of them prob haven't played SA.

is it that same snow last year where it is hard as forget to see through when flying?

guess i can't go Titan bombing for the holidays :'(